Typical Day in Role:
• Investigate and assess alerts for potential money laundering risks in the Bank.
• Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practice, criminal typologies and developing trends.
• Report unusual transactions that could relate to money laundering or terrorist finance activities; may also assist with high risk customer review.
• Compile documentation in regards to suspicious activity (this includes contacting tellers, branch managers, branch operation specialist, and loan officers).
• Determine High Risk customers for Enhance Due Diligence.
• Assist in the development of in-person AML/Economic Sanctions Compliance Training for new employees.
• Advise management on current issues regarding correspondent banking.
• Conduct the reviews of the alerts and exceptions generated by the transaction monitoring, name and payment screening and negative news screening systems and/or other internal and external sources.
• Conduct UAT and BAT testing related to the automated payment and trade monitoring systems, as well as the rule enhancements.
• Assist in preparing regulatory submissions
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3-5 Years in Transaction Monitoring
2) 3 years experience FIU Alert review
3) Strong experience with Excel and PowerPoint
1) Experience with Oracle
2) Experience with SQL
3) ACAMS certificate
4) FINRA Series 7
Soft Skills Required:
• Stakeholder management
• Excellent coordination, organizational, time-management and work
• Communicates clearly, articulately, and succinctly in both oral and written form, with the ability to communicate to all levels within the organization
• College Degree