Location Address: WFH – Toronto
Contract Duration:1 year (Possibility for extension or Convert to FTE)
Story Behind the Need:
Business group: Team is the product owner of the bank enterprise-wide automated name screening solution. It manages name screening related projects/initiatives, and provide oversight and governance on name screening processes/solutions to ensure that they are effective, efficient and in compliance to applicable regulations/policies. In addition, it acts as second line of defense to provide advisory services and inputs to name screening related regulatory inquires.
Project: Name Screening BAU Program – The AML Analyst will be responsible for documenting BAU activities and highlighting any gaps or areas for process improvement. This role supports the documentation of name screening processes and related activities. The resource will create, review, standardize, and document name screening related processes to meet standards, frameworks, and applicable regulatory expectations.
Candidate Value Proposition: The candidate will get the chance to be part of a very supportive and fun team. The team is also open to and values feedback. The candidate will be working remotely, until COVID restrictions lift, then it will be a few days in the office each week. They will gain exposure to other partners within the bank and interact with other risk management teams outside of this group.
Typical Day in Role:
• Create, review, standardize, and document name screening related processes to meet applicable and regulatory expectations
• Create documentation, including flowcharts, decks, manuals, etc. related to the processes, standards, and frameworks required to support name screening against sanctions, politically exposed person lists to ensure compliance with regulatory expectations on terrorist financing and sanctions programs
• Responsible for interviewing SME to gather information and have walk throughs with internal and external partners including the VP.
• Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practices, criminal typologies and developing trends
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. 8-10 years of experience in a similar business process improvement role
2. Computer literacy, including creating professional flowcharts, decks for senior management stakeholders (Visio, PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
3. 8-10 years of strong analytical skills to organize and analyze multiple, complex process activities as well as communications and organizational skills.
4.8-10 years solid working experience on business process improvement and documentation
5. Understanding of AML and Sanctions Compliance, as well as screening systems (e.g., FircoSoft), data mining/analytical tools, and KYC automated solutions is helpful.
1. Certification in a professional association such as the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS)
2. Spanish speaking
• Must have proactive listening skills
• Solid communication skills – oral and written
• Must be able to work independently
• Strong analytical skills and active listening
• Fast adaptable learner who can hit the ground running
• Ability to manage assigned tasks and expectations without direct instruction of oversight
Degrees or certifications:
Bachelor’s degree or higher education level; experience in Anti Money Laundering or related field will be distinct advantage.