Job Title : Training Advisor
Location : Scarborough
Duration: 9 months
Story Behind the Need
Business group: The Project Portfolio Management Technology group manage and support the PPM functionality within the bank. This includes managing projects, risks and project financials.
Project: Position is needed for the forecasting in PPM Project – project entails implementing PPM New User Interface and enabling forecasting within PPM.
Reason for request: Project workload
Candidate Value Proposition: Opportunity to learn new industry leading tools and how to train in PPM. Clarity PPM one of the best project management tools in the world – and the selected candidate will have exposure to the tool. Working with a large bank will provide lots of experience.
Typical Day in Role:
– Work with project team to identify training needs, materials and deliver training
– Along with training, person would also work with project team to determine what type of communication is needed to get through change and to execute on the communication plan.
– Developing the training material in various different methods, PowerPoint presentations, webinars.
– Work with Business Analyst to understand current state, business / stakeholder needs and business requirements.
– Work with Business Analyst to understand future state mechanism and capabilities.
– Work with Business Analyst to understand mapping of business requirements to future state mechanism capabilities and gap analysis of requirements to future state, with focus on changes to business processes.
– Meet with project leads and management to determine training needs.
– Develop training procedures, manuals, guides and course materials such as handouts and visual materials.
– Deliver training by presenting information using a variety of instructional techniques and formats, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos and lectures.
– Monitor, evaluate and record training activities and effectiveness.
– Participate in the development of a change management plan (i.e. communication strategy/plan, training strategy/plan, feedback/follow-up, etc.).
– Participate in the development of executive presentations that explain the planned changes to business processes & future state capabilities.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 2-3 Years – Hands on Experience with Clarity PPM; used the tool, and trained others on how to use the tool
2) 5-7 Years – Training Experience, involved in inputting strategies, executing, coordinators, developed training material and delivered on training.
3) 3-5 Years – Change Management Experience – communications associated with behaviors.
4) 5-7 Working experience with Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
5) Excellent Communication Skills – written, verbal, clear and professional
1) Financial Industry Experience
2) Trained using PPM function features
3) Executed training on the modern user interface
4) Proficiency in Visio, Photoshop or tool with similar functionality.
Soft Skills Required:
1) Attention to detail, customer service, and interpersonal skills
6) Works independently
Degrees: • Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent experience/training required.
Candidate Review & Selection:
• 2 Step Process: 1-2 Microsoft Teams Interview • Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP