Job Title: Technical Support Analyst
Duration :9 Months
Work Hours: 8 hour weekly rotational shift (afternoon shift 4pm – 12am; night shift 12am-8am)
Story Behind the Need:
– Business Group: GTS- ECCO-Operations & Infrastructure Services Group is seeking a Technical Support contractor who has a positive attitude and is eager to learn and work in a fast-paced environment. The Technical Support will be providing Level 1 technical assistance for Banks internal Global teams in predominantly US and Latin America markets.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will be supporting all departments of Bank and gain exposure to upwards of 2700 applications globally, gaining exposure to key operations within the bank. The contractor can use this opportunity as a stepping stone to branch into other roles within Bank based on their performance.
Typical Day in Role:
• Executing and monitoring daily/weekly/monthly scheduled processes required by the BESS Payment Application in a Multi-Office.
• Monitoring the BESS-resident telecom lines/networks (ie FED, CHIPS, SWIFT, RightFax, MAPS, etc.) interfacing to the main computing systems, in accordance with MTOC internal documentation and procedures.
• Processing and monitoring of the centralized SWIFT Alliance Access Application in a Global, two-instance configuration.
• Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems, typically of a lower complexity
• May install software or perform hardware testing
• Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors
• Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities
• Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support