Typical Day in Role:
• Ensures all activities conducted follow governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures, with particular attention to the Enterprise Delivery Policy and Enterprise Delivery Framework.
• Produce top-tier teams, recognizing patterns within teams, guiding, and conducting experiments, recommending changes, and fostering a trusting and safe environment.
• Responsible for teams’ adoption of Scrum/Kanban practices, providing real-time guidance and leadership to teams.
• Understanding the team’s place in the organization’s goals, building a “safe container” for the team to work within, growing trust and respect between team and stakeholders, and continuously improving team cohesion.
• Ensuring the team becomes increasing capable of meeting their own established commitments, ensuring everything remains “visible”, managing metrics, and ensuring the “plan” changes with demand/supply.
• Monitoring/managing team velocity/throughput, securing resources, removing, and escalating blockages. Keeping flow, momentum and focus in the team
• Identifying risks and dependencies, making their potential impacts big and visible to the right people, ensuring risk reduction occurs, and quantifying risk and dependency management effectiveness.
• Driving the team efficiency and effectiveness, sensing, and drawing attention to performance breakdowns, facilitating team improvements in the right areas, and helping the team learn emerging practices from outside itself. Leveraging retrospectives and other Scrum/Kanban cadence to facilitate continuous team reflection and improvement.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1. 3-4+ years HRIS experience, includes, Canadian Payroll and Time and Attendance to collaborate in a cross functional Payroll technology team
2. 3-4+ years’ Agile/Lean experience and ideally certification
3. You possess project management knowledge to work with large & complex project teams
• National Payroll Institute (NPI) / Canadian Payroll Association (CPA)
• Agile certifications (Certified Scrum Master, Kanban Management Professional)
• SAP / SuccessFactors certifications (SAP HCM, SuccessFactors ECP, WFS)
• Financial services background
• Fluency in Spanish preferred
• You can demonstrate strong problem solving and negotiation skills
• Strong communications skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
• Ability to quickly prioritize in a fast-paced environment
• Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent is required