Job Title: Python Developer
Location: WFH (Toronto)
Duration: 6 Months + chance of extension
Typical Day in the Role:
• Develop enhancements on existing applications, including the development of new extensions to existing applications.
• Develop and implement simplified logic processes to ensure enhancements and applications developed are highly supportable at low cost to support teams.
• Assist in the Integrated System Test (IST) by supporting the test plan, test case validation, and execution.
• Work closely with Business Analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design solutions.
• Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with business stakeholders, various technology teams, and production support teams.
• Conduct periodic reviews of internal processes and controls to identify opportunities for process improvement and methodology enhancements.
• Be involved in the full systems life cycle and be responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, and supporting applications software.
• Resolve highly complex, multi-faceted problems to meet business needs, provide recommendations on the designs and methodologies, and system solutions.
• Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design; performance monitoring and product evaluation.
• As part of the team, identify and lead strategic improvements to our systems and processes.
Must Have Skills:
1. 5+ years of technical hands-on working experience with Python for support and development related activities 2. 5 + years’ Extensive proven working knowledge and database development and support experience with Oracle and SQL Server databases in Linux environments 3. 5 + years’ Unix Shell Scripting 4. Experience working on SDLC projects that are following critical change management methodologies 5. Clear, concise communication skills to articulate with business users regularly and maintain a customer service-oriented mindset 6. Experience with Issue Resolution for / Problem Solving
• Must be a self-starter, fast learner with a positive attitude and be a team player.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• A dedicated self-starter with proven leadership and coaching skills.
• Ability to multi-task and
• Ability to multi-task, perform well under pressure, meet deadlines, and change priorities as needed
Nice to have Skills:
– Knowledge of BIS tools such as Tableau and Business Objects is an asset.
– Proven experience with Microservices, Cloud, DevOps, and Hadoop is an asset.
– Technical hands-on working experience with Cloud-based environments would be an asset.
– Technical hands-on experience with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment Tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, etc. is an asset.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or related Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, or related technology field.