Typical Day in Role:
• Collaborate with IT team to develop/maintain/manage SQL Server database Global Operational Risk entities.
• Write ETL packages using Microsoft Visual Studio to transfer data from source systems
• Write SQL Procedure, scripts for inserting/updating/deleting records from database objects
• Ability to check-in development code in DevOps for tracking code changes
• Perform ETL Testing for any database enhancements
• Provide data to business users from SQL Server on Ad hoc-basis
• Perform data integrity checks for data completeness
• Make sure to keep database objects in sync with source applications.
• Fix any data discrepancies or schema changes as per the business requirement
• Automatically deploy code artifacts to SQL Server
• Act as a bridge between IT team and Global Operational Risk Team for any database needs
• Support development and deployment of business intelligence tools to transform data into visualized information.
• Support project delivery with database analytics, mapping, profile comparison, PowerBI reporting enhancements.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 8+ years’ experience as a Developer
2) 5+ years’ experience in Database Management, with demonstrated expert skillsets in both SQL and PowerBI, and strong data analysis skills
3) 3+ years’ experience with Python
1) Experience with Operational Risk – Understanding of Operational Risk processes and metrics will be a plus
2) Experience within FI/banking an asset
3) Business analysis & consulting ability – Experience at writing business & user requirements
Soft Skills Required:
• Strong communication skills to be able to communicate with various stakeholders/external teams
• Working collaboratively – strong team player
Undergraduate Degree or higher and /or 5+ years relevant functional and/or technical experience