Typical Day in Role:
• Determines and establishes the appropriate program/project organizational and work breakdown structures (e.g., projects, workstreams) to accomplish program outcomes. Ensures program/project milestones and schedule accurately reflects the delivery commitments of subsidiary projects. Ensures an overall integrated delivery plan is developed, maintained, and communicated
• Directs strategic projects within the lines of business and provides integrated management of subsidiary projects and internal or external stakeholders.
• Accountable for the end-to-end projects assigned (including related sub-projects)
• Ensures programs are staffed with the right mix of people who exhibit the required perspectives, skills, and behaviours.
• Accountable party for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering assigned strategic projects/programs, including all business, operational and IT deliverables. Ensures cross-program coordination of activities, deliverables, and benefits
• Directly leads all aspects of the program/project lifecycle and works with matrix business, line of business and technology partners to oversee all phases of the program while ensuring the program structure is designed to achieve the intended business benefit
• Within the context of the assigned programs/projects, responsible for providing regular communications (including project briefings) with business partners at various levels of the organization, including SVP, VP level, as well as other internal and external resources. Sustains and manages the relationship with the program/project Accountable Executive throughout the duration of the initiative by providing sound advice, counsel and support
• Ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit(s).
• Provides leadership, motivation, coaching and mentoring for the program leadership team in order to ensure subsidiary projects are coordinated to achieve the business vision and scope and meet any regulatory deadlines
• Chairs regular program and key forums (e.g., Steering Committees) to review progress with key team members and executives.
• Provides program/project level change leadership to ensure the vision and objectives of the large-scale transformation are driven properly, and ensures change management (the mechanisms of change) are in place to deliver the anticipated program benefits
• Provides visibility to program/project level issues and risks and ensures they are identified, quantified, managed and tracked. Ensures management of those issues and risks abide by the BDO standards and framework and the respective escalations occur as needed. Monitors project level issues and risks and ensures relevant sub-project issues are exposed at the program level. Facilitates resolution of core issues between multiple executive stakeholders where required
• Ensures program/project commitments are achieved within agreed on scope, time, cost, and quality parameters
• Manages overall program/project budget and ensures supporting budgets are tracking financial budget and actuals.
• Ensures development of required project artifacts including project charter(s), and management plans (resource, risk management, quality management, communications management, etc.), and related PM artifacts, while complying with applicable enterprise delivery framework standards.
• Negotiates complex contracts with external vendors (in consultation with Strategic Sourcing) to ensure receipt of specific resources and materials, as well as best value for the Enterprise. Ensures day-to-day vendor relationship management occurs (including monitoring performance, reviewing, and approving vendor invoices)
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. 10+ years of PM experience including managing large-scale projects or programs of significant complexity and value ( $10MM) with high risk – Prefer background in AML and from financial institutions
2. 5+ years of experience with of program/project tools (e.g., Clarity, MS Project, SharePoint repositories, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC))
3. Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills, capable of balancing multiple perspectives, effective at all levels up to senior executive.
Nice to have Skills:
1. Solid understanding of Financial Crimes knowledge is preferable
Soft Skills Required:
• Solves complex project issues which may require facilitation of multiple senior resources
• Excellent relationship management resulting in a proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders, mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace, execute with limited information and ambiguity
• Expert presentation, written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to recognize and comprehend complex issues
• Expert risk management skills
• Possesses a university degree and/or 10+ years relevant work experience
• Asset – Holding a valid PMP designation from the Project Management Institute (PMI) or other valid program management certification (e.g. Prince 2)