Job title: Project Manager
Duration: 12 months
As a skilled project manager, you will be joining a large, global team focused on helping our business partners consolidate their processes around the world. Greater efficiencies will allow us to accelerate growth. Our program, called Global Optimization, will touch many of our investments processes and supporting systems from the Front Office, the Middle Office through to the Back Office Operations. You will be working within a team of business experts, application experts, business analysts, and testers co-located in one of our collaborative workspaces in North America. This position is aligned to a strategic Data Transformation program.
•Experience as a Project Manager in asset management industry
• Lead a team of highly engaged business partners and stakeholders.
• Experience with data-centric initiatives such as data warehousing or master data managements (within the context of asset management or capital markets)
• Experienced providing status and risk/issue updates to executives on a frequent basis, either using approved templates or summarizing the information
• Ability to present confidently
•Developing and maintaining project plans, resource utilization schedules and budget materials for project and operational activities.
•Ensuring on time delivery within budget.
•Partnering directly with Product Owners and Business Leads to prioritize project deliverables based on requirements of the organization and contractual deadlines for delivery.
•Directing activities, assign responsibilities, set expectations and motivate team members toward achieving program/project objectives to ensure solutions support overall program principles and objective.
•Managing vendor relationship(s) and ensuring functionality is delivered on time and within budget per defined contract parameters.
•Monitoring resources, tasks, risks and milestones. Make course corrections when necessary using defined change control procedures.
•Communicating project progress, risks, and issues to the Program Manager and executive-level business stakeholder using standard communication protocols and metrics.
• Creating additional presentations to communicate progress on key risks and issues. • Presenting crisply and confidently.
•Managing all day-to-day solution delivery activities for a team of individual contributors spanning multiple locations.
•Proven track record leading Financial Services and Investment Management middle and back office projects to implement new platforms and processes.
•Practical experience working on Investment Management projects, specifically back office accounting and administration systems.
•Experience with large-scale systems development projects and process redesign efforts.
•Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
•Excellent analytic, problem solving, business judgment and org skills.
•Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, across multiple and diverse business and systems groups.
• Strong management, influence and leadership skills.
•Ability to build strong relationships with business partners.
•Excellent written and oral communications.
•Experienced at presenting confidently and crisply to executives.
•Ability to understand technical systems documentation and interact with tech leads, solution architects, data analysts, developers and testers.
Must- Have Skills:
• 5-7 years’ experience within the Investment Management/Financial industry, specifically working with middle and back office accounting systems across different investment asset classes
• 5-7 years proven project management experience. Experience managing a large Data Warehouse or Hadoop project
• Financial Services experience
• Able to handle unexpected workloads and shifts in direction
• Undergraduate Degree.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) designation a plus.
• Experience with Iterative or Agile methodologies is required.