Job Title: Project Manager
Location Address: WFH (Scarborough)
Contract Duration: 6 months + FTE Conversion (targeting PMs that are interested in conversion)
Our large financial client is looking for a highly skilled Project Manager for its Strategic Portfolio Office; this role offers the opportunity to excel and thrive in a high performance and results driven organization. The Group is working on a new initiative and require a Senior IT PM to lead the MIPs optimization project throughout the end to end project. The concept behind the project has been initiated but the optimization and discovery is still occurring.
Candidate Value Proposition The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on other projects based on their performance and engage with senior stakeholders as they navigate through a Hybrid Agile workflow.
The role: This is imperative to have experience supporting this mainframe to align with PM
Typical Day in the Role:
• Direct and coordinate team members in creation of project deliverables
• Rigorously manage project scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed time, cost, and quality parameters
• Ensure end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit, and oversee governance controls to ensure the project meets all the performance, quality and compliance standards and conforms to appropriate methodology
• Identify and track project risk and develop mitigation plans to manage risk (i.e risk related to technology, change management, procurement, business process management, requirements management).
• Report administrative and financial metrics regularly to ensure transparency and accountability
• Establish effective project oversight and abide other governance bodies and engage the appropriate stakeholders to support the direction of the project and enable superior customer experience.
• Work in close partnership with Finance and key stakeholders for monthly reporting requirements (i.e. Finance, compliance, Status, Issues Management).
• Manage and/or validate financial forecasts and provide on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenses
• Develop innovative approaches to create solutions to resolve problems and significant issues within the project’s mandate.
• Support the execution of key improvement initiatives using data-driven insights to deliver positive financial and customer outcomes
• Continuously improve project processes in order to ensure the best possible deliverable outcome to improve overall efficiency
• Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning
Project: MIPs (Computing power on mainframe – pay vendors per MiPs) – dramatic cost savings that have multiple work streams – multiple stakeholders to drive efficiency within MiPs – applications can be structured in multiple ways to support / optimize the mainframe
Must Have Skills:
1. 5+ years’ industry experience as an IT Project Manager, ideally within an FI bank
2. 3 + years’ experience leading mainframe optimizations for application or Infrastructure projects end to end
3. Experience delivering technology and business application solutions in a large-scale, multi-platform systems environment. – Minimum 1 project
4. Executive level Communication skills both written and verbal.
5. Candidate has prior successful completions of end to end mainframe optimization infrastructure or applications project – please detail in skills matrix, summary and within resume.
6. Financial industry experience is a plus and will be prioritized
– Strong Leadership skills – leading amongst peers, ie. other PMs through collaboration, critical thinking
– Able to manage up, provide key message updates for projects
– Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities.
– Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization.
– Strong ability to assess risk and apply management principles to technology applications/products and business functions.
– People management and team building skills.
Nice to have skills:
1. PMP Certification or PMI Certification
2. Commitment on savings generations – PM to track and ensure they are on target for savings by FY 21.
4. Will be reporting to senior leadership to meeting targets – will they adjust expectations and will need to ramp up work to get there
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.