Project Control Officer
Typical Day in Role:
The Project Control Officer is assigned the work by the Program Director. Under direct supervision of the Director/PMs – the Project Control Officer assumes project support responsibility for all aspects of the project over the entire project life cycle (initiate, plan, execute, control, close).
• Responsible for supporting the Project Team in the following: Maintain the project files; this pertains to project documentation, approvals, drawdowns, spreadsheets, meeting minutes, monthly status reports, third party contracts and other correspondence and documentation as appropriate.
• Maintain the budget; this includes auditing items to be delivered under projects, reviewing the weekly and monthly time tracking reports for anomalies, ensuring all invoices have been approved with the proper sign-offs prior to payment and ensuring drawdowns are properly recorded and maintaining ongoing cost to complete forecasts. This includes full reconciliation of the project budget and completing investigations for differences as they occur.
• Act as the project secretariat; this includes preparing/distributing agendas, attending meetings, preparing/distributing clear and detailed minutes on a timely basis, recording, communicating and following up on action items and maintaining project distribution lists.
• Support the Program Director to ensure all appropriate areas are represented on the project team and to maintain momentum of the project against a background of constantly conflicting priorities.
• The individual is required to multitask on several projects at one time depending upon complexity and activities in progress. Formally document and cost project activities by using the Microsoft Project tool
• Ensures ongoing communication of project status, completing the agreed-on project reports and escalating issues to the Program Directors as needed
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 2+ years of experience as a PCO in the financial services industry
2) Demonstrated experience dealing with large and complex transformation projects
3) Demonstrated ability to generate material for senior stakeholders – excellent PowerPoint and presentation skills
1) Capital Markets experience an asset
Soft Skills Required:
• Strong communicator both verbally and through written/pictorial reporting
• Strong sense of tenacity and takes initiative in follow-through, independent type
• Ability to prioritize as will be working on multiple workstreams/large projects
• Solid problem-solving skills and analytical skills to creatively develop unique solutions/approaches to resolve issues
• Perseverance, flexibility, and efficiency to overcome challenges standing in the way of the successful completion of the project
• Negotiation skills to be effective with team members and management tin order to acquire and maintain project support
• Disciplined approach to accountabilities.