Hiring Manager: Manager
Location Address: Hybrid – 2x/week onsite, but training will be onsite for 2-3 weeks
Contract Duration: ASAP until Oct 31, 2023
Possibility of extension & conversion to FTE
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 8:30am-5pm, Mon-Fri
Story Behind the Need
Title: Analyst, Supply chain Finance / GWO/Lending services
Business group: Trade Finance Operations – part of Supply Chain Finance operations which falls under Trade finance, Process receivable purchase transactions and approved payables transactions
Project: The incumbent is responsible for processing Supply Chain Finance transactions, to provide a high level of Customer Service and contribute to the overall success of the Supply Chain Finance Services Centre ensuring specific individual goals, plans; initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. They will also provide Trade Finance subject matter expertise on the Loan IQ Project including but not limited to business requirements, testing and assisting with implementation.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn about supply chain finance operations as it is a niche field and would open up opportunities and develop their technical skills; opportunity to stay on fulltime.
Typical Day in Role:
• Process transactions within a wide range of complexity and support Supply Chain Finance team (70-80% of role). These may include, but not limited to Payable Finance products, Trade receivable purchase products, Trade Loans or other Trade and Supply Chain Finance Structured Products.
• Operate various platforms and systems needed in order to perform daily functions: BESS, Input Facility, CorrRisk, CGI-T360, Prime Revenue, ACBS, etc.
• Verify that all transactional documentation is complete, compliant, and appropriately authorized
• Develop and maintain ongoing communications with clients while exhibiting a high level of professionalism in both written and verbal contexts
• Respond promptly and effectively to requests from customers, SCF Sales team and escalate any concerns and complaints to the Manager and Senior Manager in order to propose workable solutions
• Support SCF Transactions from Canada, US, London, LATAM, Asia
• Liaises with different areas of the Bank, GBP, TFRC, BSC, CCS
• Conduct data validation and testing (testing in UAT environment), data migration – from ACBS to LOAN IQ (20-30% of role)
• The contractor will directly report to the manager, there will be interactions with assistant managers and other analysts, a lot of collaboration within the team of supply chain finance
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 4+ years of experience as an Operations Analyst, preferably within financial institutions
2) Working knowledge of SWIFT system
3) Working knowledge of Trade360 System
4) Demonstrated knowledge of Supply Chain Finance products and services
5) Advance computer skills, particularly MS Office Suite – Excel (strong proficiency), Access, Word, Power Point, etc.
1) 4+ years of experience in accounting/financial type of role preferable
2) Experience with ACBS and/or Loan IQ an asset
3) Strong working knowledge of Bank’s AML and Compliance policies
Soft Skills Required:
• Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed.
• Ability to analyze a large amount of data.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines -demonstrated prioritization
Degree in Finance or business-related studies or equivalent.