Manager, Risk & Audit
Typical Day in Role:
• Develop and execute a frameworks for risk and audit issues management, including the creation of a risk and audit issue registry for data platforms.
• Track risk and audit remediation tasks and ensure they are being addressed in a timely and effective manner.
• Coordinate issue remediation activities with and drive a consistent engagement from issue owners and stakeholders across the organization.
• Provide subject matter expertise and act as the primary point of contact for risk and audit management activities.
• Support and maintain risk and audit related documentation and tools.
• Support Risk and Audit reporting.
• Manage follow-ups on the new findings raised from regulatory and internal divisional audits to ensure all deliverables are up-to-date and properly documented.
• Assess risks, identify key controls, and document appropriate risk mitigation plans to execute on audit deliverables. Applicants should be able to identify control gaps effectively and efficiently, as well as summarize and clear findings with senior stakeholders.
• Support Issue Owners in defining Management Action Plans in response to new audit findings.
• Communicate risk and audit issues to executive leadership and provide insights and recommendations for risk management strategies.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and consistency in risk management practices.
• Champions a high-performance, agile environment and contributes to an inclusive workplace culture.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1. 10+ years of experience in Data Management, Data Governance, Internal Control, Risk Management, Compliance, Audit and/or related areas.
2. 5+ years of Business Analust skills for reporting purposes.
3. 5+ years experience managing large projects in complex operational environments and working with multiple stakeholders across the organization.
4. Hands-on experience with Reporting/BI tools experience.
5. Ability to independently perform and manage risk and controls assessments, end-to-end, and ability to effectively collaborate with audit teams and stakeholders.
• Experience in IT Audit – auditing business applications including application controls, access, and security administration.
• Experience in Project Management.
• Experience with Data Analytics and Data Visualization would be highly desirable – the ability to utilise and analyse data to highlight control gaps and areas for improvement would be of benefit.
• Prior experience with Data Management projects such as Data Governance, Data Quality, Master Data Management, Reference Data Management, Metadata Management – hands-on experience defining and testing data controls.
• Bilingual in Spanish would be an asset.
• Strong communications skills to facilitate meetings with various stakeholders, communicate ambiguous topics in a structured manner and deliver presentations/demos. Attention to details, high standards for quality.
• Strong decision making, forward thinking and creative problem-solving skills to anticipate and respond quickly to technological/market influences.
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
Best vs. Average Candidate:
• Proven experience effectively manage senior stakeholder relationships, building credibility and trust, demonstrating strong communication, technology and auditing skills and business understanding to effectively influence and negotiate with stakeholders.
• Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to see the big picture with high attention to critical details.
• Project Management skills and working experience with Power BI tools/reporting.
• Regulatory experience working in operational or data risk environment.
• Post-secondary degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related IT field required.