Job Title: Java Developer
Location Address: WFH (Toronto, ON)
Contract Duration: 7 months + good chance of extension
Our large financial client is searching for a strong developer to lead the strategic Vendor integration to the US.
Project: The US Strategic Policy Management Program seeks to automate and strengthen end to end Policy Management in the US by implementing ClauseMatch, and industry leading SaaS tool for end to end Policy Lifecycle Management with first phase go-live in June 2021.
The current solution in place in the US (and the Enterprise) in Policy Management is fragmented, manual, offers limited functionality, and contains control gaps. This area has been highlighted by Regulators (most recently the US DOJ) and also been a focus on the recent Fed Exam.
The current scope is for the US, but ClauseMatch has been designated as a Technology Standard for this capability and can be leveraged as a Global tool in the future.
Typical Day in the Role:
– Leading Techno-functional Integration with internal Systems and also act as Techno-functional expert of the solutions capabilities.
– Working with both internal users as well as Vendor to ensure solution of technology is moving forward.
– They will be some developer (someone who has broader experience) – some software developers who hands on write code – but someone who has interest
– Wants to someone who can look at the functional aspects and phase
– Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
– Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis effort
– Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
– Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
– Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
– Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Qualifications Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
1. 5 + years’ Java Development experience
2. Excellent communication skills to work with different groups throughout multiple phases of the cycle
3. 5 + years’ experience supporting both Linux and Windows Operating – General Operational understanding (to understand how to put applications on server)
4. 5 + years’ experience supporting Relational Databases (SQL Queries)
Nice to have skills:
– Python (not a must but a nice)