Full Stack Developer
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 6 months + high chance of extension
• Business group: The Security Operations team manage the back-end functionality of various Capital Markets trading products including Derivatives, Bonds, Stocks etc.
• Project: The group is searching for a strong Full Stack Developer to join the web-post payment project. This project will ensure that online applications are integrating with back office data with new technology in a safe environment.
• Reason for request: Workload
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have an opportunity to join a dynamic work environment that will have a long lasting impact on how the Capital Markets group retain and engage their client base.
Typical Day in Role
• Analyze business requirements and translate requirements into system and/or application design
• Generate technical specifications to be used in building code and more importantly supporting components after implementation
• Build modular and reusable code components that can be maintained by less experienced maintenance programmers.
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis
• Leverage industry best practices
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 8 + years’ server-side development with Java (min 1 year with Java 1.8) and Spring framework
2) 5 + years’ Extract, Transact and Load databases with Oracle languages (SQL)
4) 2 + years’ recent project exposure to REST services
– Previous Capital Markets experience is a plus
– Previous Microservice projects is a plus and will be prioritized
– Previous top 5 bank experience is a plus
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• 3 Step Process: 1 phone, 1 codility, 1 in person
• Hiring Manager is looking for an adaptable, dynamic personality conducive to work with changing requirements as business demands – project deliverables may change