Title: Junior Financial Analyst – 32953-1
Start/End Dates: 3/2/2020 – 3/1/2021
Work Location: TORONTO
Department: Finance Technology Transformation
The Analyst, Hierarchies is responsible for the development and maintenance of all finance master data and hierarchies used in the enterprise in order to proactively meet the requirements for business financial reporting. The role is accountable to collaborate with others internally and externally to resolve issues that cut across functional lines and provide solutions ensuring effective service delivery by providing a change framework for financial hierarchies used in financial production processes.
This includes identifying requirements to meet changing internal and external conditions, assessment of impacts to the finance production infrastructure and architecture, appropriate governance and mitigation of operational risks in the design, development and maintenance of the master data and hierarchies infrastructure. The analyst makes contributions to change management and innovation through identification of new systems and process improvements to existing technology
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
1. Hierarchy – Development and Maintenance Service Delivery :
• Responsible for successful delivery of hierarchy rule configurations, validations and table maintenance in compliance with Bank infrastructure and governance requirements across all systems in scope of Operation Support.
• This includes monitoring and managing deliverables, tracking and resolution of issues and managing relationships with internal business partners and stakeholders.
• Perform maintenance of all miscellaneous financial and system tables as needed • Identify and resolve hierarchy production issues both independently and in conjunction with business and technical subject matter experts in order to meet finance production schedules and reporting deadlines.
• Collaborate with finance end users, other members of the Finance Technology Transformation team and Technology & Operations and various other stakeholders to identify Hierarchy related needs to develop appropriate long and short term strategies and tactical plans for deliverables.
2. Risk Management and Control:
• Develop, implement and assess balance and control mechanisms to ensure sufficient controls and safeguards to mitigate financial/operational/regulatory/reputation loss or damage and prevent / minimize delays in the time-sensitive production cycle
3. Production Support:
• Provide production support, troubleshooting and escalation as necessary for hierarchy-related issues to meet the requirements of the production schedules to minimize impact to financial reporting.
• Liaise with Technology & Operations during investigations and escalations to identify root causes of production issues and participate in the development and implementation of corrective action plans
4. Change & Innovation
• Improve operational methods and workflows by identifying, recommending and implementing process improvements.
• Identify recurring issues and initiate system or process improvements, as applicable.
• Ensure continuous improvement of processes and procedures to enhance efficiency and maintain flexibility in order to sustain and exceed the increasing complexity of business requirements
TOP SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
• 4-5 years of experience in a financial institution services environment
• Good knowledge of the Bank’s financial systems
• Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely
• Knowledge and exposure to SAP tools and systems preferred
• Strong technical skills (SQL, MS Excel, MS Access, VBA)
• Highly developed facilitation, resource management, project management, communication, coaching and mentoring skills
• Strong understanding of the bank’s financial databases
• Strong relational database skills
• Understanding of end-to-end process management
• Strong knowledge of and experience with complex information systems and of the Bank’s organization structure
• Good knowledge of information concepts, flows and corporate financial information systems
• Good knowledge of control and governance frameworks
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities
• Requires creative, original, analytical, interpretive and constructive thinking in response to potentially unstructured user requirements, with the ability to identify opportunities for process improvements, enhanced client satisfaction and appropriate technical support
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, proactive, and reliable
• Ability to learn quickly, work independently in a constantly changing environment, flexibility and excellent analytical skills
• Proactively providing ideas, advice and solutions relative to information systems management
• Detail-oriented with excellent investigative and organization skills
• Possess a university degree/college diploma in applied technologies