Typical Day in Role:
• Ensures that the accounts and financial records are being maintained according to International Financial Reporting Standards, policies and procedures set by Executive Offices and the local regulators.
• Produce quality financial management information to the business line, including accurate daily/weekly/monthly/yearly portfolio and consolidated level P&L and monthly balance sheet reporting.
• Continuously review assigned desk procedures to ensure that they are effective, efficient, and controlled. Suggest and develop on-going methods of improving accurate data collection globally, streamlining reporting, sharing best practices and cross-training team members.
• Business units supported include SIRR desk
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 8+ years of experience as a Financial Analyst or equivalent
2) Excellent Excel skills – (VLookup, pivot tables etc.)
3) Proven experience with P&L reporting, balance sheet attestation and financial analysis of variations and trends
1) Knowledge of interest rate derivative
2) Pursuing or has obtained CPA/CFA
Soft Skills Required:
• Strong time management skills – proven ability to work within timelines – daily deliverables and ad hoc requests they will need to juggle
• Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
• Strong attention to detail
• Proven ability to work under minimal supervision – self-starter
University undergraduate degree in finance or accounting – used in the work experience