Typical Day in Role
• The Data Strategist role sits within and supports Digital Marketing Growth and Performance Management. In this role, you will partner with Digital Marketing stakeholders to understand their business problems, create analytical solutions, and present information back to them. You will act as a SME and that proactively works to help solve business problems. This role is a mix of solid technical understanding and business acumen.
o Project Work
– Build and manage data pipelines from source to destination
– Collaborate with Digital Marketing and other stakeholders to understand business problems, identify opportunities, reporting gaps, etc.
– Scope out projects by creating requirements, timeliness, project scope, etc.
– Create analytical outputs (new data sets, dashboards, actionable insights, deep dive analytics) that will help support business growth and development
– Create artifacts, such as project plans, documentation, data lineage, metadata, etc.
– Present analytical outputs, communicate findings, provide recommendations for actionable insights, etc. to business partners and key stakeholders
– Act as a SME with our Digital Marketing partners and other key stakeholders
– Collaborate with other Data, Technology, and Analytics partners
– Proactively suggest project ideas, data process improvements, opportunities with
– Promote Data Literacy with partners and key stakeholders to raise the collective understanding of data, tools, etc. available to them
– Champion data driven decision making
– Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
– Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with our Values, Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
– Champion a high performance environment and contribute to an inclusive work environment.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 4+ years’ experience with automated deployment of code using CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Bitbucket, and Artifactory
2) 4+ years hands on experience in architecting Big Data applications using Hadoop technologies, including the following: Spark, Python, Hive, HDFS, SQL
3) Experience with Big Data technologies, assisting clients in building software solutions that are distributed, highly scalable and across multiple data centers
4) End to End Analytics Experience: explore, clean, aggregate, and consolidate data; create analytical outputs; synthesize information in easy-to-understand formats; communicate/present findings to business partners
5) Experience querying and working with large data sets, ideally within an Enterprise Data Lake or Enterprise Data Warehouse
1) Experience in Banking/Financial Services
2) Experience in Digital Marketing Analytics
3) Model Creation
4) Project Tracking Software experience: for example, Jira, Confluence
5) Map Reduce, YARN, HDFS
6) Data Visualization Experience: Tableau, PowerBI
• Communication Skills (oral and written) to liaise with multiple high visibility stakeholders
• Capacity to work with multiple stakeholders
Degrees or certifications:
• University Education in Business, Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
• GCP designation is an asset