Data Scientist, Media and Segmentation, – 12 month contract
Big Data is a big deal. If you’re passionate about applying Machine Learning to transform massive datasets into business value, this fast-growing and innovative field is where you want to be.
This is a terrific opportunity to contribute to our collaborative data culture. You will work with new technologies, build data science skills, and uncover meaningful insights that will ultimately impact millions of customers.
What will you do?
• Working with both internal Customer Operations clients and key advertisers to make data driven business decisions
• Build applied and scalable machine-learning solutions to understand customer digital behavior and to optimize advertising strategy
• Develop algorithms to gain actionable insights from both structured and unstructured datasets
• Explore new sources of information to uncover new business opportunities at all levels of the business (strategic to operational)
• Translate business requirements into design, implementation, and documentation of efficient data processes
What are we looking for?
• You have an undergraduate and graduate degree in STEM majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) from reputable university
• You are highly analytical and logical individual and have the ability to leverage insights/opportunities from data to build strategies and make recommendations
• Experience with programming languages such as Python, Scala, C++, Java
• Experience with relational data warehouse and fluent in SQL
• You have the ability to work with a team towards common goals
• You are able to manage multiple projects and priorities
• You are a self-starter who is comfortable working with and presenting to all management levels
• You are highly driven to learn about the newest machine learning techniques and to apply them to solve business problems
• Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset in Ontario and a requirement in Quebec
• You have 2+ years relevant work experience
• Knowledge of ML Algorithms including supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning modules, and text analytics
• Experience with ML frameworks such as Spark ML, TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, Torch, H2O, etc.
• Exposure to big data tools and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark
• Proficiency with data visualization tools such as Tableau, matplotlib, D3.js
• Basic working knowledge of project management steps
• Experience in telecom marketing or product development