One of Nexus Group's clients is in need of a Data Scientist to join their growing team. This individual will be a conduit between business and technology in utlizing data to provide a better understanding of the organization's customers. This role requires someone with strong business acumen, communication skills and creativity in addition to some technical experience with Python and/or R programming.
• Work in an agile lab environment to build and deploy new solutions
• Leverage large-scale data skills to manage and transform multiple sourced data and complex data structures into ready to use modeling datasets.
• Perform hands-on data science activities; including predictive modelling, clustering, design of champion-challenger experiments, and work with the team to ensure the quality of analysis.
• Design and develop pipelines to automate existing machine learning process, including data ingestion, feature generation, and model scoring.
• Identify additional sources of data & predictive attributes which can improve existing products and/or enable the creation of actionable insights.
• Work closely with stakeholders to understand business requirements and provide ongoing support on all analytical deliverables.
• University / Master’s Degree in Physics/Math/Computer Science/Statistics or related field.
• Natural curiosity to solve problems and find meaning in complex data sets & customer behaviour analysis.
• Familiarity with data warehousing, data processing pipelines and data structures with proven record of designing and building large-scale data solutions to business problems, reporting or modeling development.
• Proficient programing experience in SQL, Python, and/or R.
• Solid understanding of ML algorithms, objective and cost functions, overfitting, imbalanced data.
• Proven experience with feature engineering, dimensionality reduction and clustering is a plus.
• Ability to communicate/present complex ideas/analysis in a concise, business-friendly manner.
• Retail credit risk management experience a strong plus.
• Experience in automating/deploying/testing models in production is a plus