Typical Day in Role
• Work with senior team members (architects, developers, testers) to develop and implement data solutions for finance reporting systems
• Turn business requirements into data model and generate source to target mapping and other technical documentation (data transformations, design and operational support documentation)
• Analyze data in both Financial Systems and Big Data environments.
• Support senior team members through research assignments and proof of concepts
• Demonstrate a passion for problem solving and data presentation technologies
• Pursue enterprise learning opportunities to develop and mature your skills in the big data space
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• At least 3+ years’ experience developing and deploying complex technology
• Data Modeling experience with Agile methodology and familiar with scrum meetings and sprint planning.
• Understand data modeling, metadata knowledge for both structured and non-structured data; familiarity with ER model diagrams and business metadata; familiarity with identification of the data entities, application of the data normalization rules, definition of the primary keys and determination of the data elements relationship.
• Proficiency with ACL/SQL tools for data analysis, data mining, source target mapping, data domain and referential integrity verifications.
• Previous banking/FI experience
• Familiarity with GL systems
• CAAT skills are preferred
• Capital markets product understanding is an asset
• Accounting knowledge is an asset
• Excellent business/technical written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills including but not limited to: presentation, prioritization, effective time management, conflict management.
• Must have excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills in order to quickly and effectively solve problems in a dynamic and demanding environment.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required