Job Posting Title: Capital Markets Developer
Location Address: WFH (Downtown Toronto)
Contract Duration: 7 months + good chance of extension
Number of Positions: 2
Schedule Hours: 8:30- 4:30pm
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Quantitative Trading Solutions group develops and operates our banking clients equity algorithmic trading systems, portfolio trading applications, ETF market-making operations and related technology systems. Our team works very closely with the electronic equity trading desk and the front office (ETF traders).
• Project: The Group is seeking a talented software developer to work with the ETF Services desk to develop and enhance their low-latency algorithmic trading capabilities. ETFs are a key growth area and this role offers a unique opportunity to collaborate with the front office to build technology that is revolutionizing trading in the industry. – looking to implement new features (for IIROC Regulatory Initiative) • Reason for request: Project
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have an opportunity to join a diverse team that works well together and efficiently to impact traders day to day functionalities.
Typical Day in Role
• Enhancing our low latency trading framework, optimizing handling of market data, product pricing, order sending, risk checks and other core system components.
• Design develop and test low-latency trading systems capable of reliably handling large volumes of market data and orders.
• Implement changes to the order template to accept more FIX tags inputs to be in acceptance with the IIROC LEI regulatory initiative.
• Build out the data ingestion capability, business logic, infrastructure, as well as the data visualization capability.
• Developing related infrastructure such as ETF composition and modelling, P&L calculation, book management, etc.
• Analyze system performance and trading results to find ways to improve efficiency and client executions. Perform 2nd level support of production trading systems to troubleshoot and quickly resolve any issues or questions.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Strong software development skills in C++, including algorithmic design, problem solving, optimizing and testing. – minimum 3 years’ experience (Modern C++)
2) Experience coding in a DEV team using a version-control system (Git, Bitbucket) – minimum 3 years’ experience
3) Minimum 2 years’ experience working within financial markets messaging protocols and trading technologies.*
4) 3 + years’ utilizing Unix Commands (Shell Scripting) on Linux Platforms
5) Excellent communication skills to bridge between technical content and business objectives.
• Background related to ETFs, index arbitrage, market-making and similar areas preferred.
• Experience in developing real-time event-driven applications in C++.
• Experience with real-time trading systems (Portware, Flextrade, Tbricks, etc..).
• Background in related topics such as FIX, market data, and trading applications.
• Relevant Industry courses/certification such as CSC, CFA an asset.
• IIROC exp. is a plus
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required; masters is a plus • Certifications: CSC, CFA an asset
Candidate Review & Selection
• 2-3 Step Process: Small coding task + 1-2 teams interviews (Senior Manager, Dev + 1 final IV with ETF Trader) • Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: Interview to take place ASAP*