Role: Capital Markets – Business Analyst
Location: Downtown Toronto
Duration: 6 Months
Story behind the need:-
GWRT Compliance team is going live with their transformation program – this includes the implementation of new trade surveillance platforms for fixed-income, OTC Derivative, and FX (foreign exchange). This project is a multi-year program and the project is in infant stages. The project will be very fast paced and there will be the expectation that implementation of surveillance technologies will begin this year.
The main function of a Business Analyst is to perform the analysis, design, implementation, modification, and daily functional support of all applications.
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies • Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers • Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation • Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities • Supports one or more highly complex business processes • Works on multiple projects as a project team member • Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
– Trade Surveillance projects or Trade systems or Market Risk Projects (5+ years)
– Specializing in Capital Markets (8+ years)
– Asset Classes (8+ years)
– Excel – (Vlookups, Hlookups, Pivot Tables – 8+ years)
– Data Mapping – specify ETL rules and validate rules
2 step interview –
– In-person – with panel
– In-person with Director