Typical Day in Role:
-Analyze the new business requirements and collaborate with technical teams on data flow from the source application to make sure it meets new requirements
-Identify gaps between the new requirements and the capabilities within the current state platform
-Collaborate with the development and project teams to create a plan for integrating the new regulatory requirements into the current state platform.
-Develop use cases and user stories to effectively communicate requirements to the development team
-Participate in the design and execution of test scenarios to ensure that the new regulatory requirements are being effectively integrated.
-Perform user regression testing to ensure existing functionality continues to be unaffected by the new regulation integration.
-Provide regular status updates to project leads, management, and stakeholders
1) 3+ years of experience in a Business Analyst role, preferably in a technology environment.
2) Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and solve complex problems.
3) Experience with Agile methodologies and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
4) Experience with data analysis and modeling tools, and VBA/Macro
5) Subject matter expert in investment industry regulations as Canadian/ US equity and fixed income trading
Nice to Have:
1) Prior FI Experience
2) Experience with Broadridge (ADP) and/or MPower
3) Experience with Charles River
4) Prior Knowledge of CDS
1) Excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
2) Strong time management skills and comfortable working with strict deadlines
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field.