Location Address: Toronto, WFH
Contract Duration: 5/10 – 10/1/21 – 6-month contract, possibility of extension
Story Behind the Need
Business group: One of the largest Wealth Management firms in Canada. Headquartered in Toronto, with offices across Canada and around the world. Their job is to provide clients with financial advice and products to maximize their wealth.
Project: New initiative that for a limited period requires someone who can work with the business subject matter experts to define new, optimized business processes and document them. Initiative involves digitizing and automating a Estate Settlement System.
Candidate Value Proposition: The opportunity to help transform the largest Trust function in all of Canada to be more efficient. Potential opportunity of FTE.
Typical Day in Role:
– Provide basic consulting services to business partners
– Facilitate the process optimization process by eliciting requirements in one-on-one & small group discussions and leading larger workshops and documenting the results
– Engage with business, technology, marketing, operations, compliance and other teams from various groups to gather requirements.
– Provide and apply expertise in business analysis, data mapping, creation of process flows etc.
– Complete units of analysis work and integrate that work back into project
– Assist with preparation and maintenance of documentation
– Ensuing continuity by providing cross training at the end of the assignment
– Support decision making re: project scope and prioritization by performing gap analyses, data integrity analysis, other.
– Recommend business solutions that optimize the user experience and satisfy sponsor/stakeholder needs, continually exploring and assessing options for value-add.
– Manage the detailed business requirement phase identifying, tracking and resolving issues.
– Recommend preparation of appropriate new business process documentation and ensure adequate end-user documentation.
– Assist with the completion of the Business Case by performing & analyzing relevant data queries
– Contribute to successful project completion within budget and on time by identifying risks and developing/recommending mitigation strategies.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Recent Hands-On Experience working on Implementing a Large Project
2) 5+ Years – Business Analyst Experience in an Agile Environment – documenting, change processes.
3) 5+ years Demonstrated superior computer skills, including MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint
4) Communication Skills – Extremely Important for this role – from a business perspective but will also need to communicate effectively with Technology Team. Understanding of speaking both languages, summarizing things properly.
1) Experience with Salesforce, or any Salesforce Certifications
2) Wealth Management Experience – Specifically Estate Planning
3) FI Experience
Soft Skills Required:
1) Detail Oriented
2) Independent Working and also a Team player.
Degrees: University degree, college diploma or equivalent experience.