Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 month contract
Story Behind the Need: The Derivatives and Structured Product Technology department is specifically focused on derivatives technology. They look after the end to end applications of there in house-built trading platform.
Project: The Group is supporting multiple regulatory initiatives for global markets.
Candidate Value Proposition: The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be exposed to various technologies and algorithms that integrate multiple aspects of the bank.
Typical Day in Role:
• Analyze highly complex business requirements;
• Generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
•Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
2. 5 + years’ development Java Development
3. Derivative product exp. within capital markets – understanding the products and regulatory reporting itself (Dodd Franklin, OTC, plus) *nice to have exp. with market exp.
4. Good communication skills to work with the end user client as needed
Nice to have skills:
• Recent system exp. with derivative technology is preferred and will be prioritized
• Previous bank exp. is a plus
• Experience building APIs is a plus
Degrees or certifications: Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred