Location: WFH, Toronto
Contract Length: 5 Months
Story Behind the Need: Compliance Transformation program is seeking a Business Analyst to join their team supporting the Trade Surveillance initiative. They are building a leading, best-in-class, Compliance function to maintain customer trust, deliver efficiencies across business units, and to be trusted advisors and partners in protecting the Bank’s reputation and strengthen bank's overall Compliance program. The Business Analyst will support the Senior Manager and collaborate with various internal stakeholders to support processes within the Trade Surveillance initiative.
Candidate Value Proposition:
This candidate will have the opportunity to gain experience at a big 5 Canadian bank while working on a fast paced and forward thinking initiative.
Typical Day in Role:
– Translate business needs into requirements, identify opportunities for process improvement and ensuring delivered solutions meet business expectations in managing/mitigating risks.
– Assist in devising and implementing efficient processes for data management and analysis to create standardized automated reports.
– Assist in the risk assessment of existing controls in adherence with enterprise risk assessment procedures and standards.
– Analyze and process data relevant to Key Risk Indicators and Key Performance Indicators to monitor the effectiveness of the Trade Surveillance program.
– Develop and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders.
– Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
– Champion a customer focused culture and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
– Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
– Support projects across the business unit.
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
1) 5+ years of experience in a similar Business Analyst position
2) 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry
3) Knowledge in the area of capital markets & Trade Surveillance – demonstrated in recent projects
4) 5+ years of experience working out of the MS Office suite specifically with expert PowerPoint and Excel skills (PIVOT Tables, VLOOKUPS, etc)
Nice to Have/Highly Preferred Skills:
– Bilingual Spanish/English is highly preferred
– Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential
– The role requires leadership skills, hands-on technical experience, and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement for efficiency and cost effectiveness
– Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
– Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure
– Strong organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills
– Inquisitive mindset; eager to learn and acquire knowledge
– Willing and able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Education and Certifications:
– Post-secondary graduate of Business, Project/Program Management or related discipline.