Location Address: Toronto, WFH
Contract Duration: 5/17 – 10/29/21
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Finance unit that supports Insurance Canada business units for all activities related to finance including accounting, reporting, forecast planning, and manage reporting. Also support business on advisories such as business cases, projects that are accounting specific and specific to insurance unit.
Project: Resource is required for the delivery of IFRS 17 Regulatory Project. Multi-Year Project – consists of all system and operational process changes from a finance (scope is larger) perspective. Implementation of changes required from a systems and process standpoint for accounting and reporting under the new accounting standard effective Jan 1, 2023.
Candidate Value Proposition: Opportunity to work on a project that is implementing new accounting process and system changes. Continue to build on experience and build on process management changes. Opportunity to obtain experience in supporting a multi-discipline project and exposure to others knowledge in accounting or data.
Typical Day in Role:
– Primarily touchpoints with director to stay on track with key deliverables, issues.
Support weekly project plan review and weekly status updates.
Participate in meeting with other stakeholders to understand accounting/finance implications and IT/data considerations.
-manage workflow for delivering all BRD, UAT testing and process documentation updates.
– Liaising with technical team and system integrated to ensure anything related to modeling side or sub ledge figure reporting, aware of means that teams have.
– Ensuring the accountants/controllers support the ask from other departments when there are requirements back and forth
-Documentation for the business requirements documents, testing strategies, documenting results of testing strategies, process changes that need to be documented and controls that are being implementing to do accounting and reporting.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 6+ years Business Analyst Experience within the Financial Services – experience documenting, BRD, and supporting UAT documentation.
2) Multi-Disciplinary Project Work Experience – interacting with multiple and different workstreams, understand the nature of the activities in the project plans and how to forecast. (1-2 projects)
3) 4+ years Must Have knowledge of GL and have supported GL System changes and Implementation. Must understand the components related to GL’s from a Business Analyst Perspective, understand charted accounts, journal entries, concepts of reconciliation systems or manual.
4) 6+ Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Project
5) 6 + Experience with Visio, Excel, PowerPoint
6) Excellent Communication and Relationship skills – both written and Verbal
Nice-To-Have Skills: N/A
Soft Skills Required:
1) Experience working with others on technical and business side
2) Managing in stressful environments.
3) Takes Ownership
Degrees: Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering finance, or related field required.