Typical Day in Role
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Assist the Senior Manager/Project Manager in resolving highly complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the needs of the supported Line of Business, by applying their financial and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created. This includes conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes, and liaising with the users.
• Participate in the systems implementation process by developing test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support.
• Provide business support as well as 7/24 production support to all global units, including new and existing product and deal structuring, ad hoc queries and MIS, user training, and assisting with the design and implementation of systems enhancements. This is made more challenging due to differences in time zones and the variation in the business lines. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that management is kept informed and that problems and issues are escalated appropriately.
• Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the Division’s business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, Back Office processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with our Values, Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• The incumbent must have a thorough knowledge of Payment Messages (MT, MX) and how payments flow
• 3-5 years of progressive Business Analysis experience in a technical environment within a large matrixed organization.
• Has a good understanding of current EDP practices, systems development techniques, including requirements specification and testing methodologies, real-time analytical and formal modelling tools, and keep current with rapidly changing technology.
• Knowledge of AML Solutions is highly desirable
• Experience with Payment Sanctions Screening Tools (preferably HotScan and HotScan/CMT) is highly desirable
• Project management skills in order to handle diverse projects, often times simultaneously, and meet aggressive deadlines
• The incumbent must be a creative, self-starting, results-oriented, and highly motivated individual with very good analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to assist in the resolution of complex business problems.
• Must possess very good interpersonal and communication skills in order to effectively work with end users and members of a project team. The incumbent is expected to use diplomacy, judgement, and persuasion to secure agreement and co-operation from departments involved in a project.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field required
• MBA or other related advanced degree is an asset (professional experience is prioritized)