Typical Day in Role:
• Investigate Issues and provide potential solutions for implementation.
• Support Operations for an IT Finance/Reg Reporting Team
• Write requirements for batch and streaming architecture feeds
• Create documents with enrichment and transformation logic and process documentation
• Use SQL and MS Excel and MS Word
• Obtain requirements on a clean slate state around Source System trade feed enhancement, MIS reporting and reconciliations
• Develop feeds that have amount calculation such as Market Value, Accruals etc.….
• The position will work on providing detailed analysis and program specifications to support development and delivery for supported system/s for trade positions and activities captured from several trading systems. Through series of transformations the reporting datasets are built for enhanced analytics, internal reporting, performance management and regulatory reporting.
• The position requires solid technical knowledge. Leveraging the skill set the position will perform detailed analysis and investigations, the incumbent will be required to validate and make recommendations to further the development of the scalable processes and data solutions by following Bank’s standards, policies, and industry best practices.
• The incumbent is responsible for providing specialized technical contributions in the analysis, design, and support of cost effective, mission critical, on-line, risk management and decision support systems for the GWRT group. The candidate must be able to interact with various people like Development Management, Business Analysts, Users, and Production Support groups.
• The incumbent will have at least 5+ years of progressive IT experience and strong technical capabilities. The incumbent must be a creative, self-starting, results-oriented, excellent communication skills, and highly curious motivated individual with leadership skills and evolved technical skills which will be used to resolve complex business and system problems.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
• Participate in development of cost effective and robust applications. The incumbent uses technical knowledge and business/data insights to design and build specifications for operationally stable processes that extract, transform, and map raw data to organized/structured schemas for the purpose of consistent reporting and analytics.
• Provide support and test applications in production and during user acceptance testing. The incumbent supports technical peers in the team and collaborate with peers and cross functional IT teams to deliver complex, creative, cost-effective, and robust operationally stable data solutions. This includes development of complex queries that are required to ensure data and reporting by the respective teams.
• Participate in systems implementation, planning, and documentation development. The incumbent assist peers with acceptance testing and verification to help verify technical/business solutions for the assigned tasks. They will share the results with business analysts for confirmation and sign-off to proceed with implementation to release the solution in UAT and production environment. The incumbent may be required to perform operational support after hours from time-to-time to support late hours implementation and operational processes.
• The incumbent drives the implementation of new processes, improving methodologies and utilizes cutting-edge technologies to expedite delivery of new and enhanced products to our customers daily. They should drive adoption of modern testing approaches and techniques to both ensure excellent quality standards while delivering with velocity.
• The incumbent is expected to function independently combining technical expertise and business knowledge to recommend, develop and implement technical solutions and identify opportunities for automation or efficiency in ETL processes. The incumbent may receive general direction from Director/Senior Manager/Project Managers/Business Analysts for the projects and tasks assigned.
• The incumbent is to ensure all activities conducted follow governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures, while championing a customer focused culture that deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with our Values, Code of Conduct, and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational compliance of AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• 5+ years of IT BA Experience including experience writing requirements and solutions for streaming data feeds for IT Finance/Regulatory Reporting
• 5+ years’ experience in Financial Services on projects involving Financial Products like Bonds, Equities, Exchange trade Derivatives, OTC derivatives.
• 5+ years of experience in developing feeds that have amount calculations such as Market Value, Accruals, etc.
• 5+ years of experience working in Operations and Data Feed projects in the Financial and Regulatory reporting space
• 5+ years of experience of E2E implementation of Data Warehouses and/or Data Factory models
o Advanced SQL and MS Excel skills – demonstrated in recent projects
o Recent Investment Bank / Capital Markets experience – 2 recent projects
o Experience supporting Product Control – 2 recent projects
Nice to Have/Highly Preferred Skills:
• Knowledge on Capital Markets.
• OneSumX and AXIOM reporting experience
• Knowledge of sub-ledgers
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential
• The role requires leadership skills, hands-on technical experience, and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement for efficiency and cost effectiveness
• Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused, and attentive to details.
• Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure
• Strong organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.