Automation Test Lead
Typical Day in Role:
Is this role right for you?
• Collaborate closely with a team of backend API developers, business system analysts, developers, and
architects to work on both new features and incremental improvements
• Develop and update automated test scenarios
• Bring new ideas on how to improve the test framework
• Create robust, repeatable automated testing solutions for our production software
• Develop both positive and negative test scenarios while working with business system analysts, developers,
and technical leads to test new features
• Help triage any issues automated tests uncover or any issue raised by production support, and
communicating closely with the development team
• You’re interested in working on a large-scale product and enriching the banking experience for millions of
• You are familiar with development of automated testing including tools and frameworks. You are familiar
with test methodologies and their corresponding tools.
• You have a deep pride in your craft.
• You enjoy thinking outside the box.
• You are flexible and able to pivot and adapt to change.
• You are accountable for and take ownership of your work.
• You are eager to learn, mentor, and share your ideas in a team environment.
• You have open and transparent communication, including the ability to distil technical details into human
• You understand that software development is a collaborative effort, and enjoy working alongside other
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3+ experience as an Automation Test Lead, preferably within banking
2) 5+ years of experience in Java
3) 3+ years of testing Restful APIs with Postman
4) 3+ years of experience in Load Testing (preferably with Locust and LoadRunner)
5) 5+ years’ experience in developing Unit Tests and Integration Tests using testing frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, and RestAssured
1) Experience in building, integrating and deploying web services (REST/ SOAP/JSON/XML)
2) 3+ years of experience in Spring Boot
3) Python Scripting
4) Working knowledge of SQL
5) RestAssured, Cucumber, and Supertest, SOAPUI
6) Strong knowledge of object-oriented software development best practices
7) Experience working in a DevOps environment. Experience with Java Build Tools: Maven or Gradle
8) Familiarity with OpenAPI Specification (OAS)/ Swagger, YAML, JSON
9) Knowledge/ experience in Java ORM Frameworks such as Hibernate, Spring DAO
10) Exposure to RDBMS such as Oracle or DB2. Knowledge and experience with SQL queries
Soft Skills Required:
– Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential
– Excellent communication skills including ability to distil technical details into simple terms; ability to influence decision making across stakeholders
– Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
– Natural Problem Solver
– The role requires leadership skills, hands-on technical experience, and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement for efficiency and cost effectiveness
– Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
– Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure
– Strong organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills
– Bachelors or equivalent in computer science or related field is preferred