Job Posting Title: Automation Test Lead
Contract Duration: 04/19/2021 to 10/31/2021 6 months + extension
Location Address: WFH- Toronto, Ontario
Number of Positions: 1
Typical Hours: 9-5
• Business group: Working on a application software currency upgrade using Purefacts Currency Software Application. We need someone to do report testing using API Postman
Reason for request:
The Test Automation is responsible for the ongoing set up, development and support of the technical testing software framework to enable testing and automation across current and future technical testing areas
Story Behind the Need
Candidate Value Proposition –
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within an agile team that embraces growth and change within the bank.
Typical Day in Role:
• Go above and beyond the traditional approaches to automate, and build custom automation scripts to test repetitive tasks, create test data or regression test high value test cases.
• Design test approach, Develop Test Strategies and Plans.
Align test cases to requirements and user stories.
• In conjunction with the development team, decide where to build automated and manual tests, develop/create test data, construct and execute exploratory, system, regression, migration, back-end, and user acceptance tests and determine whether to create automation frameworks.
• Willing to help manual testing team and work with them to identify automatable test cases and reduce regression test workload.
• Purefacts Application back end testing for data validation
– Execute test plans, scenarios, scripts or procedures
– Test Back end systems for data validation reporting
– Develop testing programs that addresses areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, or usability
– Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers
– Identify, analyze and document problems with program function, output, online screen or content
– Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes
– Create or maintain databases of known test defects
– Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates
Qualifications/ Must Have Skills
- 2 years of prior working knowledge of Purefacts Application (or a similar reporting application)
- 5+ years of experience with API testing and Data validation
- 2-3 years of experience with API testing using Postman
- 5+ years of experience running SQL queries.
- 2-3 years of Backend testing for data validation
- Prior Banking or FI Trading application experience
– 30 Minute MS Teams Interview