Typical Day in Role
• Creativity and thinking out of the box is a must in designing solutions for complex business problems.
• Work closely with the Senior Development Manager, providing team and project status updates, escalating issues as needed (e.g. resourcing, training, etc.)
• Develop coding standards and testing approaches
• Work closely with Product Owner / BSA to determine near-term and future plans for the team
• Collaborate with the Delivery Lead to plan milestones, successfully execute software delivery, and escalate issues as needed
• Maintain and Support production support for existing application.
• Unit Testing, coding, debugging, automating manual activities, scripting and implementing code will be performed on a month-to-month basis.
• Understanding business systems and the credit adjudication business flow.
• Developing and maintaining a strong relationship with business stakeholders
• Conducting periodic reviews of productionalized IT processes to identify streamlining opportunities and promote continuous process improvement methodologies.
Must haves/ Requirements:
• 7 + years of progressive technical working experience in application programming, system analysis, design, unit testing and debugging
• 3+ years of experience building API, microservices using Springboot
• 5 years of experience with Java coding & SQL experience
• Minimum 5 years (or 3 Recent hands-on projects) working experience (back end) with SOAP and RESTful Web Services and Unit Testing (Junit)
• Experience using Sybase/Oracle Database OR any relational database (i.e. SQL, PL/SQL)
• Recent (minimum 1 project) working experience using the majority of the following: Jira, Confluence, Artifactory, BitBucket, SonarQube, GIT
• Capital markets industry experience/ Financial industry is an asset
• Lead experience is an asset
• Experience with Operating Systems (Linux Redhat, Solaris, Windows)
• Apache Kafka or other JMS experience is an asset
• Ability to work within established deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain pleasant working relationships
• Leadership aptitude, proactively checking in with and providing guidance to developers
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and employees of the organization
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or certificate diploma in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required