Accounts Payable Analyst x 2
Typical Day in Role:
Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
• Calculate, prepare, and issue bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements according to established procedures.
• Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
-Process invoices and review entries on PeopleSoft and SMS (SmartStream)
1. Assist with the timely and reliable execution of operating activities and provide sound accounting support to the unit by:
• Ensuring that all invoices are settled by the due date
• Accurately processing monthly, quarterly and year-end accruals.
• Acquiring and maintaining a strong knowledge of Bank’s Accounting Policies and Procedures.
• Promptly reconciling source documents to General Ledger Suspense Accounts at appropriate intervals
• Ensuring all invoices, expense statements and other instruments received for processing contain all necessary information and bear evidence of authorization.
• Processing all accounting transactions to the appropriate Customer/General Ledger Accounts in accordance with established accounting policies and procedures.
• Following up and resolving exceptions, unposted items, outstanding transactions in the suspense accounts and outstanding invoices to subsidiary companies of the Bank.
2. Ensure Customer Service is consistent with Service Standards by:
• Ensuring timely, accurate and efficient processing of customer inquiries.
• Actively seeking opportunities to improve departmental processes and customer service.
• Ensuring Customer Service Standards set out in the Service Level Agreements are consistently met.
• Ensuring the timely and accurate processing of invoices, expenses, and other accounting transactions.
• Ensuring the timely escalation and upward referral of unresolved/unusual inquiries/outstanding issues.
• Ensuring the timely and reliable investigation and resolution of and response to inquiries from the servicing Units/other Departments of the Bank, in a manner that provides total satisfaction.
3. Participate in departmental activities and actively promote Teamwork by:
• Sharing learning and insight with fellow employees
• Providing input and ideas on how to improve processes
• Demonstrating cooperation within and beyond own team
• Assisting in the training/cross-training of fellow employees
• Assisting when volumes, due to vacations or other absences demand the performance of other duties.
• Promoting a friendly climate, good morale and cooperation within and beyond own team or unit.
4. Contribute to the overall profitability of the Bank by:
• Identifying issues/processing deficiencies and recommending solutions.
• Assist with the implementation of new projects.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
2) 3+ Data Entry experience
3) Previous banking or Financial Institution experience
4) Knowledge/experience with reconciliations
5) Strong knowledge of Excel (spreadsheets, Vlookup, pivot tables)
-Bilingual (French or Spanish)
-PeopleSoft and SmartStream
Soft Skills Required:
• Quick learner
• Attention to detail
• Critical thinking skills
• Ability to handle high volumes
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team
– Post-secondary mandatory, preferably in Accounting discipline
Best vs. Average
The ideal candidate would have banking or FI accounting experience as well as experience with PeopleSoft and SmartStream.