Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: until Oct 31st, 2021 (with possibility for extension)
Story Behind the Need
Business Group: Seeking a Senior Business System Analyst to support the Basel III reforms project
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain hands on experience with COBLO and get exposure to different Stakeholders within the bank. There is also a high possibility for multiple extensions as this is a long-term project.
Typical Day in Role / Job Responsibilities:
• Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
• Designs new computer programs by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
• Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications.
• Recommends controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures.
• Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
• Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
• Maintains system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
• Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support; training users.
• Maintains user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Business System Analyst – 7+ years of experience
2) Experience with Host Systems (software documentation, software design, software development process, software requirements, software maintenance)– 5+ years
3) SQL, DB2 or IMS & COBOL (understand limitations of mainframes) – 5+ years of hands on experience
4) Strong experience translating requirements for Developers and presenting technicalities to the Business – 7+ years of experience
5) Agile experience – 3+ years
6) Banking experience (Commercial Banking)
– Strong Teamwork Skills
– Strong Verbal & Written Communication Skills *
– Promotes Process Improvement
– Experience with deposit and lending systems (how they work – specially within a bank)
– Knowledge on loans
– Working on commercial applications
– bank experience (highly preferred)
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required