Location Address: Toronto, WFH
Contract Duration: 6/14 – 10/31/21
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Vision is to be a critical business partner who delivers commercial competitive advantages for the bank.
• Goal is to enable business partners to deliver total best value on a sustainable basis.
• Client can accomplish this through linking their business needs with external capabilities through the development and execution of sound sourcing and supplier strategies.
• These activities go much beyond RFPs. They include facilitation of business needs and requirements development, industry, market and supplier analysis, make vs. buy analyses, category sourcing and supplier strategy development, RFx and negotiations, risk identification and mitigation in our supply chain, and the effective operationalization of contracts.
Candidate Value Proposition: Growing department, this role is net new, currently does not exist. Opportunity to meet and interact with different stakeholders in various departments.
Typical Day in Role:
Work with a variety of stakeholders in different business units to:
– gather sourcing forecasts
– identify skill sets required, probing as needed
– helping determine the most suitable type of engagement (e.g. contingent labour, IT services, Non-IT professional services)
– sharing with the appropriate sourcing team (e.g. contingent workforce program office, contingent labour sourcing, IT services team, etc.)
– In working with stakeholders, identify improvement opportunities for the contingent workforce program
share those opportunities with the relevant teams
May need to assist with tactical actions to help requesters
(e.g. link to website, contact info, liaising with the program office)
– May be involved in other activities related to contingent labour
– Pure sourcing work, procurement work
– Review statements of work, negotiate with suppliers
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3+ Years of sourcing or procurement experience, with overall 8+ years of relevant experience
2) 8+ Experience interacting with stakeholders of various levels, outside of direct department, can build rapport, have credibility.
3) Excellent communication skills (9/10 or 10/10) – verbal and written
4) Microsoft Office Suite Experience – Excel and PowerPoint
1) Sourcing or procurement experience in services or contingent labour
Soft Skills Required:
1) – ability and willingness to handle a variety of tasks in this space
Degrees: Bachelor’s degree