Hiring Manager: Senior Manager
Location Address: Hybrid – in office work expected – expectation to come into office 3+ days in office
Contract Duration: 1 year
Extension: possibility of extension
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 8:30-5, Mon-Fri
Story Behind the Needs
Business group: GWO – Lending Services – Corporate Credit – maintain and administer all loan activities where the Bank is a participant of a syndicated loan
Candidate Value Proposition: The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within Lending Services at one of the big 5 banks. The incumbent contributes to the overall success of the Loan operations team located in Toronto, by managing a portfolio of medium to complex corporate loans and letters of credit.
Typical Day in Role:
The incumbent contributes to the overall success of the Loan operations team located in Toronto, by managing a portfolio of medium to complex corporate loans and letters of credit where the Bank is the lead Agent Bank for a group of syndicate lenders or when the bank is providing a direct or bilateral financing for the customer. The incumbent is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of data, accounting reconciliation and record keeping aspects of the loans assigned to them ensuring specific individual goals, plans, and initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives.
• Perform day-to-day delivery of critical lending operations processes including loan administration and servicing for syndicate deals with BNS as a participant bank
• Support all aspects of servicing a deal including, but not limited to, rollovers, drawdowns, repayments, static data updates
• Be accountable to assigned portfolio and maintain portfolio health by reviewing control reports and clearing reconciliation discrepancies.
• Assist with data updates required in the Lending System (ACBS and/or LoanIQ) migration project. Support additional reconciliation and investigation activities during the transitioning to the new system.
• Ensures that terms and conditions of authorizations and/or loan documentation are being adhered to including pricing, term and amount.
• Administers instructions by Agents on participations and customers on direct and agented deals including verification of limit availability, accuracy of calculations and disbursement/application of funds.
• Recognize and ensure all exceptions to policies and procedures are brought to the attention of management for resolution when required.
• Build effective relationships with key business partners by collaborating with process managers and subject matter experts to achieve desired objectives.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 2+ years of experience working in corporate lending operations, particularly with servicing syndication facilities
2) Demonstrated experience reading and understanding loan documentation
1) Cash-reconciliation experience
2) Experience with ACBS or LoanIQ or equivalent lending, proprietary systems
3) Intermediate excel skills (manipulate large volumes of data, basic formulas)
Soft Skills Required:
• Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills
• Analytical and detail-oriented
• Motivated problem solver
• Strong communications skills
• University undergraduate degree in finance or business-related studies or equivalent.
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1 round – 1 hour Panel video or in person interview with HMs and Director
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP