Typical Day in Role:
• Work on all network operations related tasks and incidents.
• Document, plan, implement and troubleshoot firewall rules as per the project’s requirements.
• Troubleshoot incidents related to network services (Firewall, LAN, WAN, load balancing).
• Participating in network/systems operations, monitoring, design, or implementation.
• Fulfill network service requests.
• Create and execute network change requests with detailed change plan.
• Resolve network related incidents and problem tickets.
• Network monitoring improvements.
• Network configuration compliance improvements.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1. 5+ years working on network operations or senior network analyst work experience with proven ability to manage within a time sensitive environment.
2. 5+ years of hands-on experience and expertise of Network Security (Firewall, IPS, VPN) Routing, Switching and Data Center Networking technologies.
3. 3+ years of hands-on experience with Cisco and Fortinet firewalls.
4. Working knowledge of network monitoring and security tools such as SIEM and Algosec for troubleshooting network-related problems.
5. Familiar with ITIL and Service Management processes such as Incident management, CMDB/Asset Management, Change Management and Event Management.
• Prior Banking/Financial Institution experience.
• Certification related to Cisco security and Fortinet.
• Excellent verbal and written skills, as effective interaction with all teams involved in the project is essential.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex activities, to effectively manage the firewall rules implementation, aligned with project priorities and other dependencies/deliverables.
• Post-secondary degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related IT field required