Title: Senior Network Engineer
Job Type: Permanent- Full time
One of our top Investment Clients in Toronto is looking for a Senior Network Engineer. The Senior Network Engineer administers a highly available, secure and cost-effective data communications network that supports network requirements for services and its clients. This role is responsible for maintaining a secure data and voice communications network and administering core routers and switches to ensure reliable access to network systems, applications, and services. The Senior Network Engineer also provides 3rd level operations support for network related cases and incidents. This will be part of a modernization program in 2020 where we will migrate to a Software-Defined Network (Cisco ACI) with focus on automation with Ansible and vSphere integration.
- Cisco and F5
Nice to have:
- Cisco ACI
- Linux Redhat
In this role, you will:
• Manage on-going WAN operation procedures documentation for configurations, set-up, upgrades, recovery procedures and network related projects. Ensure network infrastructure meets security and compliance policies.
• Maintain scheduled availability of 99.98% for core routers and switches
• Provide pro-active network monitoring of core and customer connectivity. Monitor for errors, and service availability. Work with customers and vendors to resolve network related issues.
• High-level analysis and troubleshooting of network infrastructure.
• Design, Install, maintain, manage, and support core, distribution, and access routing and switching infrastructure and maintain documentation
• Provide a consultative role to customers to implement network topologies that provide the highest availability possible. Document, and install customer connections
• Ensure effective capacity planning for customer network connections
• Maintain accuracy of client’s network topology & BCP procedures
• Maintain a secure data and voice communications network
• Cross-training with other team members is required to ensure that all critical networking components can be recovered by any one individual.
• Comply with ITIL change management procedures & audit requirements
• Implement BCP strategies for our Clients and its customer network connections
• Act as a SME in cross-functional project teams, execute scheduled tasks, and manage documentation
• Participate in implementing improvements to manual process to leverage the infrastructure and technologies for greater efficiencies
• Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
• 24/7 support coverage on a rotational basis
• Post-Secondary Education in Computer Science/Engineering or related
• 8+ years of experience in implementing, operating and troubleshooting data networks
• Advanced experience with Cisco routers (1800, 2800/2900, 3800)
• Advanced EIGRP design, implementation, and troubleshooting experience
• Advanced BGP design, implementation, and troubleshooting experience
• Experience with Nexus, Catalyst, ISR Routers
• Experience with Cisco Wireless LAN Controller
• Experience with Palo Alto and Cisco ASA firewalls
• Experience with High-availability load-balancing experience (F5 BIG-IP)
• Experience with Cisco AnyConnect
• Experience with Linux administration an asset
• Overtime hours may be required to meet project deadlines