Location: Toronto (WFH for now)
Duration: 08/03/2021 to 10/31/2021 (extension up to 1 year or possible conversion to perm)
Business group: Part of the enterprise compliance and regulatory systems team that is responsible for supporting the global risk and compliance system.
Project: Enhancement exercise that uses user feedback to create projects to remediate user enhancement experience issues. This project will focus on those enhancements, and once completed additional teams need to be onboarded and rolled out.
Candidate Value Proposition:
– Potential to convert to a permanent role
– Opportunity to work on a project dealing with the enhancements surrounding data governance and AI
– Exposure to data analytics (valuable skillset in the market)
Typical Day in the role:
– The Delivery Manager is accountable for ensuring that the business needs and outcomes of the project are met as per business case.
– Responsible for the management of the set of projects undertaken by an organization or division in a manner that optimizes the ROI from these projects and ensures their alignment with the organizations strategic objectives.
– Provide consulting and guidance on project initiatives including business case preparation and developing creative/alternative approaches to problem resolution. The focus is to be kept on overall business solutions, not on specific packages or technologies.
– The solution must be formally documented and costed as the General Design Document and internally represented on the project management tool (i.e. Microsoft Project). Definition of development activities at sufficient detail levels (not to exceed 10 work day increments and not to detail less than 4 hours)
– Identify and confirm project leads from all required stakeholders and intek groups to ensure responsibilities and deliverables are understood by each.
– Define project governance, identify senior stakeholders & sponsors to form a steering committee (should it be necessary). Work with Project Sponsor to prepare appropriate information for dissemination to the Steering Committee.
– Manage project participants and relationships ensuring project teams are cohesive ad operating to common objectives and priorities.
– Work with Project Sponsor to establish the scope of the project and than managed to the established scope. Ensure Project Change Notifications are raised where necessary and approved. If the scope changes identify impacts to the Sponsor. And/or Steering Committee.
– Hold meetings and work sessions as necessary to ensure that project management deliverables are met i.e. project planning, risk management, issue management, status meetings
– Provide support to Client including business case preparation and developing creative/alternative approaches to problem resolution. The focus is to be kept on overall business solutions, not on specific packages or technologies.
– Motivating the Project Team and maintaining the momentum of the Project against background of changing and occasionally conflicting priorities
– Ongoing communication of project status, completing the monthly Project Status Reports and escalating issues to the Operations Sponsor, the SVP and the EVP, as required.
– Ensure the documentation and archiving of project activities, deliverables, tools and findings and for use in future projects.
– Helps team understand how the sprint based model gets turned into a waterfall project plan (converting agile plan into a waterfall plan, support status reporting and convert delivery styles into 1 status report).
Must have hard skills:
1. 5+ years of delivery management experience within Waterfall and Agile environments
2. Technology experience (delivering tech projects, some technological knowledge)
3. Understanding of project delivery frameworks
4. Ability to understand financials (including accruals)
5. 5+ years of MS Office experience
Nice to have hard skills:
1. Bilingual Spanish and English
2. JIRA, MS Project
3. Delivery management experience in a regulatory environment
– Ability to identify risks/ issues , and be able to mitigate them independently
– Self-starter, ability to identify risks
– Excellent communication skills (speaking with multiple different stakeholders)
– Looking for someone with a positive personality (this is really important to the HM)
Education/ years of overall experience: Bachelor's degree
Nice to have: PMP Certification, CSM