Location: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 5 months
Your Business Line:
– Client is doing customer, retail and commercial analytics
Story Behind the Need
Project Summary : The main function of the Data Engineer is to develop, evaluate, test and maintain architectures and data solutions within our organization. The typical Data Engineer executes plans, policies, and practices that control, protect, deliver
Candidate Value Proposition –
– You will be working closely with 40 different Data Scientist as well as Data Strategist.
– We are a bridge between the Data Scientist and Data Strategist. You will have the opportunity to collaboratively work together, use analytical and critical thinking skills.
– Exposure to many different team members within the bank. If you are looking to start your career within banking, this is a great way to make a name for yourself, leave a lasting impression- and work with a very diverse hardworking group.
Typical Day in Role:
– Identifying data sources and create data pipeline using shell script or python script
– Validate data from the server and clients – validate to see if working and in good shape by validating data from 2 sources
– Work on creating documentation
– Working on the code versioning that would be on Bit Bucket
Qualifications & Must Have Skills:
1. 1-3 years of experience with data engineering concepts
2. 1-3 years of hands on experience with SQL Scripting OR Shell Scripting, Python, Spark
3. 1-3 years of hands on experience in data analysis using ETL tools
4. 1-3 years of hands on experience with BI tools / Big data technologies like Hadoop
Nice to have:
1. Kafka ML frameworks and libraries: TensorFlow, Spark, PyTorch, mlpack SQL/noSQL Oracle Apache Hive MongoDB Cassandra MinIO Airflow 0- asset
Degrees or certifications:
Bachelors or Diploma in related studies.