Location Address: King Street W – hybrid – 3 times onsite
Contract Duration: 6 months
Possibility of extension & conversion to FTE
Number of Positions: 2
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm Monday-Friday (Possible OT)
Reason: Backfill and Additional work load
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Internal Control, Regulatory Controls – Regulatory Platform Modernization
The client is implementing a multi-year project that will modernize the technology architecture supporting pre-trade, trade reporting and reconciliation capabilities. The Regulatory Platform Modernization Program covers G20 regulatory regimes and beyond, across all asset classes and 16 Global Regulators. The Program aims to modernize and automate regulatory capabilities and centralize regulatory rules determination. The Program involves participation and coordination amongst several business partners including Technology, Operations, Compliance and Front Office.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a team who is responsible for creating a new regulatory engine and hub. The candidate will be able to learn how the Regulatory Reporting technology Architecture works and they will learn about multiple regulatory regimes.
Typical Day in Role:
The main function of a Business Analyst is to perform the analysis, design, implementation, modification, and daily functional support of all applications.
• Collaborates with business partners to define business objectives, process, and requirements
• Manage resolution of service delivery: escalate issues, lead service recovery teams, ensure that root cause analysis is conducted
• Ensure internal support processes are understood, documented, validated, updated, and communicated to key stakeholders.
• Partners with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
• Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
• Supports one or more highly complex business processes and can participate in multiple project initiatives
• Serves as a liaison between the business area and the technology groups to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5+ years of industry experience in Capital Markets with a background in global OTC derivatives regulations with knowledge of Capital Market product areas and jurisdictions
2)5+ years of experience in a Capital Markets Business Analyst role supporting technology and/or operations in a financial institution
3)2+ years of developing test plans and test cases for an Agile project
4)2+ years supporting UAT and managing related defects
5) Experience in analysing business requirements, gap analysis, and data mapping
1)knowledge in regulatory reporting architecture
2) experience with JSON file messages
Soft Skills Required:
• Highly developed analytical skills and writing skills with experience in writing functional and technical specifications
• Strong communication skills, systematic approach, and ability to build rapport with business stakeholders
Best vs. Average Candidate
The best candidate would have knowledge in the OTC derivative regulatory space and familiarity with trading architecture within the financial institution.
Candidate Review & Selection
1st – HM + Senior Manager – MS Teams Video – 45mins
2nd – HM + Director – MS Teams Video – 30 mins