Business Analyst- Capital Markets
Typical Day in Role:
• Independently resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs of the assigned Lines of Business, by applying their financial and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created. This includes conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes, and liaising with the users.
• Participate in the systems implementation process by defining business requirements and processes, developing test strategies and test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support.
• Requirements gathering and documentation for existing and new processes/systems developed.
• Creating Test Cases and fully running through scenarios to ensure results match up with business expectations and that releases are bug free.
• The incumbent must have advanced knowledge of financial instruments, including market conventions and valuation methods, risk management methodologies and models including best practices, current and anticipated regulatory requirements, Back Office processes and the end-to-end workflows among the Front, Middle and Back Offices within at least one financial market area (e.g. foreign exchange, interest rate derivatives) and a very good knowledge of at least one other financial market area.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 10+ years progressive work experience, with at least 7+ years of Business Analyst experience on a technology or application team.
• 5+ years’ experience working within Capital Markets, OTC Derivatives area is preferred.
• 5+ years’ experience with test case design, automated testing and regression testing.
• Strong data analysis skill in SQL languages and advanced Excel.
• Financial risk experience is an asset.
• OTC Derivatives area is preferred.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and business written communication skills.
• The incumbent must be a creative, self-starting, results oriented and highly motivated individual with excellent analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to independently resolve complex business problems.
•The incumbent must have proven interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills in order to build consensus
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a field such as computer science, business/commerce, or related field required.