Job Title: Business Analyst- Capital Markets
Duration: 6 months
Story Behind the Need: This GWRT – Derivatives and Structured Product Technology department is specifically focused on derivatives technology. They look after the end to end application of there in house-built trading platform. The successful candidate will be working on a project enhancing the accounting infrastructure in Latin America – specifically the Mexico markets.
• Reason for request: Project – Workload
Candidate Value Proposition: The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be exposed to various technologies and algorithms that integrate multiple aspects of the bank.
Typical Day in Role:
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers • Able to read and write SQL queries as needed • Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation • Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities • Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies • Supports one or more highly complex business processes • Works on multiple projects as a project team member • Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. 5+ years’ experience working as Business Analyst within Capital Markets industry
2. 5 + years’ experience reading and writing SQL queries
3. Strong communication skills – able to articulate and communicate with team any suggestions / improvements for project
Nice to have skills:
• Recent derivatives projects are a plus
Degrees or certifications: Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred