Role: Business Analyst-Capital Market
Location: 6 Months
Story Behind the Need
Business Group: Global Wholesale Risk Technology (GWRT) – Data Management is seeking a seasoned Business Analyst for a Capital Market project that involves 30 different business streams. The candidate for this role is expected to have a good understanding of risk management and risk pricing models for the majority of the main capital markets products, basic principles of data management, business analysis and a thorough familiarity with SDLC. As part of onboarding new source systems’ data and maintaining current data feeds, the candidate is expected to create/modify risk model and product specifications to ensure correct pricing, perform a variety of data validation and testing to ensure data quality and manage relationships with the source system teams and downstream data consumers.
The main responsibility of the team is to build and maintain the firm’s Capital Markets RiskWatch (RW) data and feeds for a variety of market risk, credit and counterparty risk and trade floor risk management systems and consumers.
The team is responsible for sourcing financial product data from a 50+ front-office and back-office systems into a centralized data repository, mapping sourced data to risk models and ensuring that pricing/valuations are as expected for downstream risk systems and data consumers.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain exposure to valuation models and be part of a team with great work culture that supports work-life balance.
Typical Day in Role:
• Uses product knowledge and understanding of financial modelling to validate the pricing of a wide range of financial product
• Within the context of the project, leads discussions with business partners (market risk, credit counterparty risk, trade floor risk) to better understand the business requirements and to determine potential impacts on the project scope and objectives, and to modify the requirements management plan, if required
• Determines the best approach for eliciting, analyzing, validating, and prioritizing requirements to ensure that the necessary information is captured from the relevant stakeholders to address the business needs
• Ensures all necessary stakeholders are engaged in communications between the Information Technology (IT) project team and the business to help identify who should be involved in the identification and development of the requirements
• Participates in the development of strategic and tactical IT plans to help inform future project work of the direction of the business
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Hands on experience with Market Risk, Var or Credit Risk or Trade Flow Risk (2+ years)
2) Experience/Knowledge of Risk Valuation Models for a wide range of financial products (1+ years)
3) Experience with Data Models (Understands and is familiar with the application of techniques associated with data modeling, process modeling, and user-centered design within the context of the organizational standards) (1+ years)
4) Experience working with wide range of financial products (swaps, bonds, FX products, commodity products and equity derivative) (3+ years)
5) Hands on experience with Excel (5+ years)
6) Possesses solid business understanding and knowledge of the use of technology and applications in business
7) Strong communication skills – will be communicating with Clients, Senior Managers & Directors
– Experience or knowledge of Murex (trading system)
– Experience with commodities
– Experience or knowledge of RiskWatch or other risk systems
– CFA Certified
– Prior experience working for one of the 5 Big Banks or pension plans
– Masters Degree in Financials or Mathematics
2-Step Process: 1 phone interview, 1 in-person technical, panel interview