Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 4 – 6 months + good chance of extension
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The group supports trade flow risk management. The specific Application risk group –is completing risk tests for market data and looking for a strong BSA with Capital Markets experience that understands the pricing with financial instruments. This will be primarily in a Unix Environment
• Project: The group is working on a VaR system to review impact analysis.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have an opportunity to join an exciting new project that requires not only a strong BSA, but a problem solver who will use new technology to leave a lasting impact for Risk Technology groups at the bank.
Typical Day in Role
• Manage, elicit, analyze and document detailed-level business and functional requirements (relating to data, business rules, calculations, report outputs) utilizing relevant requirements artifacts.
• Work closely with stakeholders to assess the current and future states and perform detailed gap analyses.
• Identify upstream and downstream dependencies.
• Produce breakdown of effort estimates for analysis and requirements-related activities.
• Ability to resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs, by applying their financial and technological knowledge to the design of systems solutions, methodologies, and/or processes. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created. This includes conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes, and liaising with the users.
• Highly motivated and committed, capable of working in a dynamic environment with aggressive timelines, multiple work streams running in parallel.
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5 + years’ Business Analysts experience within the Capital Markets field, specific basic knowledge of different products
2) Strong Unix/ Linux Skills required – min 5 years’ experience (browsing files, run some scripts, data investigation)
3) ability to work in a fast-paced environment and respond to queries
Nice to have:
– Technical side – Python or Shell scripting is a plus and will be prioritized
– Ideally within Market Risk (VaR as specific domain)
– RiskWatch experience
– FRM/CFA designation a plus
– Good communication skills to work with technical team – technical skills more important (not working directly with business line)
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a business or technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required