Job title: Business Analyst
Duration: 7 months
The role is posted as a Business Analyst because the candidate must be able to digest previously written accounting business requirements documents and participate in design reviews, further analysis/clarification, and testing initiatives. The individual must have a knowledge and understanding of system design and analysis, and functional/system integration/user testing. This candidate is also expected to perform testing validation of complex accounting posting rule configuration, working closely with the business subject matter experts, and leveraging QA tools for tracking test cases, execution, and defects.
• Experience working in a business analysis role on AABOR projects, e.g. legacy systems conversion, strategic projects, etc.
• Well organized and attentive to details.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills and disciplined with project scheduling.
• Self-initiated and have a strong drive to learn, responsible and willing to expose to new technology.
• Strong PC skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
• Knowledge of HP ALM preferred for testing.
• Knowledge of Simcorp Dimension, the AABOR, preferred.
• Knowledge of Bloomberg, Bloomberg Polar Lake, Findur and Apex a plus.
• Operations/Accounting experience with equities, government and corporate bonds, mortgage backed securities, private debt, and private equity.
• Quick learner and solutions oriented, ability to escalate issues to management
• Must be a team player, professional, and adaptable to changing requirements.
• Prior systems implementation experience of investment accounting software in global investment management organizations
• 5 + years of Financial Services experience.
• 3 + years of BA/QA experience.
• MBA, CMA, CA, CPA, CFA, FRM or similar certification would be an asset.