Location Address: WFH – Toronto
Contract Duration: 1 year contract
Story Behind the Need:
Purpose of Job:
The Team plays a critical role to control operations and projects around AML streams, which requires automating regulatory reporting applications as well as apply analytical models mainly to identify AML based business insights.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Data Scientist will be conducting data visualization and advanced analytical activities related to IB AML & Internal Controls.
Best vs Average Candidate:
The Role: The Data Scientist will maintain and automate existing Business Intelligence solutions built in Power BI using data visualization techniques and providing continually added value for our Business clients. As a data scientist expert on the team, you will have the opportunity to design, develop and implement Machine Learning Model mainly to detect AML based business insights with customer information and AML streams data. In addition, as a Data Scientist, you will be responsible to understand current business logic inside the Business Intelligence solution to understand the nature of the data.
• Maintain, support and enhance existing Business Intelligence solutions built in Power BI
• Leverage your strong analytical background in order to collaborate with various business partners to deliver on analytical projects that provide actionable AML business insights.
• Maintain structured documentation process to support the analytics developed to satisfy audit, compliance, and regulatory requirements
• Assist with Ad hoc scenario related issues/questions from IB AML stakeholders including the business lines
• Provide solutions where there is a need for advanced quantitative, statistical, and analytical skills
• Undertake ad hoc data mining research projects to find hidden patterns and potential anomalies within data
• Partner with AML technical as well as AML business teams to implement changes to existing solutions and/or the implementation of alternative solutions
Qualifications of Must Have Skills:
1. At least 3 years of experience with SQL, R & Python
2. At least 1+years of experience Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Microsoft Power BI (including PowerBI Premium)
4. Ability to apply statistical techniques and data mining tools to solve business problems
5. Minimum 3 years of experience in data modelling and machine learning.
6. Experience in query optimization, debugging and automation.
7. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint.
Required Soft Skills:
• Excellent written and oral communication, analytical and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with individuals from various backgrounds
• Excellent multi-tasking skills; ability to adapt to and manage to change priorities
Nice to have:
1. AML knowledge is an asset
2. Data Science certification is an asset.
3. Working experience in the financial industry
• Bachelor’s or higher degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent work experience. Strong communication skills and attention to detail.