Typical Day in Role
• Work closely with business stakeholders in the Prime Services business in understanding business requirements and work closely with vendor for deliverables.
• Analyze and document business and functional requirements as per business needs.
• Must be able to test and analyze data as part of data testing using various tools such as Microsoft Excel, SQL tools etc.
• Analyze and understand the deliverables as per business needs and work on the allocated tasks based on priority.
• Work closely with QA for testing vendor deliverables
• Work closely within the BA/Dev team and QA team as part of system testing.
• The role will provide this person with extensive opportunity to interact directly with securities lending sales-traders in Toronto, NYC, and London and will provide them with unique insight into how hedge funds & prime brokers operate.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 8 -10+ years of experience as a BSA (have BA skills+ technology skillsets such as SQL, data analysis, data extraction, etc.)
• 5+ years’ experience of using SQL on databases (including writing SQL queries) such as Oracle, Sybase etc.
• 3+ years’ experience with Securities Lending (within Prime Services) a requirement to understand data being analyzed. (Include products)
• Strong experience working Unix or Linux environment
• Understanding of Software design and software development lifecycle.
• Experience in testing and analyzing data as part of data analysis.
• Experience with inventory management, rehypothecation processing a strong plus
• Experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Visio a plus
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Strong sense of ownership for system stability and capacity.
• Ability to communicate with key business and technology stakeholders on a daily basis
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor of Science degree or related field required.