Job Posting Title: IT Program Manager
Contract Length: 6 months (possibility for extension based on funding & performance)
Location: WFH (Scarborough)
Our large financial client is seeking a seasoned IT Application Program Manager to lead the high profile SigFig Initiative ($40MM budget) to digitally allow customers to buy products – enable customers to put together an investment portfolio and manage it themselves and connect/transfer from their accounts. The team will be leveraging a vendor product which will be integrated with the investment platform. The initiative is expected to go on for about 15-18 months.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be extended and work on new projects in areas that are hot on the market.
Typical Day in the Role:
1/3 vendor component and tool
1/3 integration with back office systems
1/3 creating the digital experience
• Lead steering co meetings
•Provide consulting and guidance on project initiatives including business case preparation and developing creative/alternative approaches to problem resolution.
• Develop a strong partnership with the Business Sponsor to gain strong understanding of requirements, sustain open dialogue to manage product backlog efficiently, and facilitate and drive the benefits of the project.
• Collaborate with project teams to ensure business needs and outcomes of the project are achieved.
• Establish scope of the project; monitor and control scope to ensuring focus on delivery.
• Manage reporting for all work packages within the project.
• Establish roles and responsibilities in the project.
• Identify resource requirements, set expectations, and manage stakeholders to enable efficient and effective achievement to project outcomes • Create project plans and manage dependencies in accordance with project team needs.
• Conduct appropriate status review sessions and escalate issues as necessary.
• Manage the project budget by contributing to monthly forecasts, quarterly accruals, and year end carry forwards.
• Direct planning, scheduling, resourcing, risk assessment, cost/benefit analysis, milestones determination, and final deliverables definition within the project
Must Have/Mandatory Skills:
- Senior IT Program Manager (managing application projects end to applications)- 10+ years of experience
- Managing budget of $30MM+ (will have a PCO, but will still be managing finances from high level) – 7+ years of hands on experience
- Managing multiple Senior stakeholders (be the person running the show)– 10+ years of hands on experience
- Managing multiple work streams – 10+ years of hands on experience
- PMP Certified
Nice to Have:
– Experience in wealth or investments
– Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field