Typical Day in Role
-Works with the delivery teams and Data Office on properly cataloging Critical Data Elements (CDEs). This includes identifying data sources, mapping data/information flows, documenting data lineage, outlining data and payload models, clarifying transformation logic and influencing data model development.
-Performs data profiling, analyzes, and communicates results in support of data quality processes.
-Identifies critical data gaps and proposes solutions including the building of metadata models and business glossaries.
-Manages complex data analyses in working with both structured and unstructured data, including collating disparate data sets from many sources.
-Helps with the process of profiling data and ETL logic for documenting end to end data flow and lineage from capture at source, to storage, to delivery and its business intent at each stage (i.e. capture, transformation, fragmentation, editing)
-Conducts dimensional modelling, metadata management, data wrangling, data cleaning and conforming, and warehouse querying.
-Facilitates technology discussions, solutioning process, decision making, and provide technology mentorship with multiple groups including technology teams and across managers, business stakeholders, and vendors.
-Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
-Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with our Values, Code of Conduct, and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations.
-Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
-Monitors project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports and recommending actions.
-Works in an Agile mindset to accelerate the delivery of the project
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 10+ years experience working as a senior contributor in a data focused team working with data governance, data management frameworks, cataloging CDEs, and tracing / managing data lineage.
2) 5+ years experience building data warehouse solutions (2+ at the architecture / design level) including ETL, data warehousing, and data visualization. Technology stack includes most of the following: SQL / SQL Server, Power BI, Python, C#, SSIS, Visual Basic, XL Macros, and other scripting languages. Hadoop, Hive are assets.
3) 5+ years of experience analyzing and managing performance, redundancy, and capacity.
4) 5+ years operational Technology Experience and understand the concepts of Technology Risk, Resilience, and Reliability.
5) 5+ years of working experience in writing requirements, architecture documents, or other governance documents associated with application management.
6) 3+ years of experience with ServiceNow or other ITSM solutions.
-2+ years of industry experience cataloguing critical data elements in an industry best practice tool (e.g. Collibra).
-Experience with predictive analysis and machine learning.
-Experience with open-source data integration platforms like Airflow, NiFi, Prefect.
-Experience storing, manipulating and integrating NoSQL data to BI reporting.
-Experience with IT Governance concepts; COBIT.
-Industry experience with big data technology
• Strong communication skills – must be able to explain things clearly to project team members
• Strong diagnostic, analysis, troubleshooting, problem-solving skills
• Ability to analyze/interpret test results and provide recommendations to improve testing
Degrees or certifications:
• Associate’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required