Wireless System Designer – Intermediate
• Responsible for radio system design and performance of GSM/UMTS/LTE and NR technology, includes strong understanding of SC6 compliance of sites as per ISED guidelines and requirements
• Responsible for defining site parameters in CIQ/RNDs and BTUs
• Use network performance tool to analyze network stats and pinpoint performance issues of wireless network
• Statistical analysis, automation of tools and report generation
• Collaborate with project stakeholders from other engineering disciplines and Regulatory groups (ex. Technology Development-Spectrum Strategy, Regulatory, Regional RF Engineering groups, Planning, PMO, Operations and NOC, etc)
• Work effectively with equipment and service vendors and provide executive level professional presentations of engineering results and recommendations.
Experience and Education
• Canadian Undergraduate engineering degree preferred
• Work experience in the Canadian telecom industry preferred
• Canadian Professional Engineering designation preferred
• Experience in new site designs and/or inbuilding DAS designs
• Strong understanding and experience working on GSM/UMTS/LTE/NR
• Strong understanding of RF radiation safety and Canada SC6 standard
• Strong knowledge of Ericsson RAN equipment and OSS systems
• Excellent understanding of radio propagation principles for wireless spectrum.
• Good theoretical understanding of Tx/Rx Radio and Antenna system design
• Worked proficiently with Planet RF tool (or equivalent) and EMF Visual for SC6 analyses and IBWave (inbuilding designs)
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Excel (VBA), Python (or equivalent for automation)
• Proven ability to lead and direct within department and provide direction and guidance to internal and external groups.
• Specific background in projects involving multiple geographic regions, cross-functional teams
• Demonstrated ability to manage and track project (or projects)
• Ability to operate autonomously, within general direction guidelines
• Ability to work and deliver under high pressure and tight deadlines
• Personal Competencies: Leadership; Problem Solving / Judgment; Customer Service Orientation; Teamwork and Collaboration; Initiative; Achievement Orientation.
• Highly motivated individual with superior organizational and analytical skills.
• Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills