We are looking for a Web Developer to work for one of our clients on a 6-month contract in Downtown Toronto
What will you do?
- Design and develop campaign pages, calculators and websites etc.
- Work closely with our cross functional team to define feature specifications and build our next generation of products
- Work closely with our operations and architecture groups to build and scale back-end services
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant full-time hands-on experience
- Expertise in UI design/development and current web frameworks and tools (ReactJS, Webpack, Bootstrap, etc)
- Expertise with test frameworks (JUnit, Jest, etc) and with source control (SVN, Git, etc)
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
Nice to Have
- Familiar with user experience concepts and wire-framing
- Working knowledge of Perl
- Experience with API design and development (REST, Websockets, Spring Boot, NodeJS, etc) and familiarity with providing sub-millisecond, low latency level response time in applications
- Experience and confidence in applying Google Tag Manager
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Knowledge of accessibility requirements on the web
- Knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image
- Knowledge of SEO principles, usability best practices and layout aesthetics
- Experience quickly adapting to custom visual identity standards
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Collaborate closely with different stakeholders and in different lines of businesses across different regions
- Challenging and rewarding work on complex software systems and infrastructure
- Platform to actively drive change as we seek for continuous improvements
- Wide variety of activities and projects that will challenge and stretch your capabilities