Position Title: IT – Web Developer IV
Duration: 6 months
Work Location: Toronto
SUMMARY OF DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Part of data strategy – building a portal for an employee profile – self serve UI, rolled out to several 1000 users within wealth.
Design web-based solutions for intranet/internet purposes Prepare a web presentation design to be implemented in a graphical format. Design strategies for managing methodology documentation. The developer will work closely with the project team, marketing and other business units to make content updates for client’s publicly accessible web sites in support of campaigns, new product launches and other initiatives. The candidate will be responsible for investigating and suggesting new technologies to help keep web pages current in the on-line space. As part of this team, prime responsibility will be to:
• Ensure that sites are maintained to the highest quality (including fixing broken links, optimizing images, etc).
• Consult with production manager and other partners to obtain a clear understanding of requirements.
• Ensure all pages developed conform to client web standards (including Accessibility Best Practices).
• Work closely with the usability team to ensure that pages being developed will attract repeat visitors.
• Provide analysis and design solutions for new web content requests/enhancements in order to identify specific tasks required for the initiative and provide time/cost estimates for web production.
• Deliver effective defect management, acting on Severity 1 and 2 defects in a timely fashion.
• Monitor competitor websites and new technologies.
• Recommend new initiatives to Production Manager which add functionality and value to customers' web experiences.
• Ensure required documentation is housed in the project repository and that knowledge transfer has occurred to full time staff upon completion of contract term.
1. Experience developing web application using Angular (eg. 3+ years)
2. Proficient in C# and SQL.
3. Working knowledge of Web API, .Net Core
4. Experience with Agile methodology (eg. using Jira)
5. Self-motivated and team player.
1. Angular – 3 years
2. C#/.Net – 1-2 years
4. UI experience with end user
NICE TO HAVE
3. SQL statements – database