Web Design Developer
The purpose of this work is to participate in advancing client’s digital footprint as well as ensuring the preparation of the online services environment for future
Examples of priority tasks include, but are not limited to:
– Investigating, testing and documenting the upgrade of the Drupal services environment from
Drupal version 8 to Drupal version 9;
– Providing recommendations for the enhancement of current webforms;
– Rebuilding webforms currently in Drupal 7 using Drupal 8 with recommended enhancements;
– Developing Category 5 sites in Drupal 8 based on desired standards and functionality.
The Web Design Developer must be an enthusiastic, innovative thinking, technical resource who
will work closely with the Supervisor of Digital Content and plays a role in defining solutions and
The Web Design Developer must demonstrate experience in:
– Writing code that was well designed, tested, and put into a production environment;
– Developing or supporting web sites using the Drupal content management systems (CMS);
– Creating and configuring Drupal structures (content types, views, taxonomies, blocks, etc.);
– Participating in the software development life cycle.
The Web Design Developer must have experience with or an understanding of:
– HTML, XML, JSON;
– CSS, SASS;
– Relational databases such as MySQL;
– Web design principles and best practice;
– Interpretation of visual designs into code using the Bootstrap framework to create responsive
and mobile Drupal themes; and
– Creation of custom Drupal modules to meet functionality requirements if no existing
contributed modules exist.
Experience in the following will be considered an asset:
– Docker or other container software;
– Aegir site management; and
– WCAG web accessibility standards.