Role: ARCHITECT, Merchandising Systems
Type : Permanent
You will work with IT teams and business partners to understand strategic initiatives as well as deliver leading-edge capabilities that support the business. You will apply advanced problem-solving techniques and coordinate with other core team members to resolve system issues, maintain complex business logic and identify and implement innovative solutions.
Design and implement hardware and software business applications that may span the enterprise. The Architecture position focus is around modernizing data management across the division in support of the world's largest home improvement retailer.
You will create foundational code elements that can be reused as well as architectural diagrams and other product-related documentation. You will also define service level objectives for products. In addition, you may be involved in product configuration, performance tuning and testing as well as production monitoring.
You will be an extremely knowledgeable technical engineer on the product team and are expected to grow and mentor the more junior developers. There is also an expectation that you will demonstrate expertise around modern software design and development.
- 6-8 years of relevant work experience
- Object oriented programming language (preferably Java)
- Modern web application framework such as Ruby on Rails, Spring MVC, or Node.js
- Writing SQL queries against a relational database
- Version control systems (preferably Git)
- Proficient in a Linux or Unix based environment
- Proficient in a CI/CD toolchain
- Proficient in a cloud computing platform and the associated automation patterns they provide
- Proficient in production systems design including High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Performance, Efficiency, and Security
- Proficient in modern microservice-based architectures and methodologies
- Proficient in successful application of design patterns
- Proficient in test-driven development and effective unit test creation
- Proficient in query optimization and troubleshooting
- Proficient in effective data modeling within both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience in working with 12-factor methodology and understanding its benefits, and able to demonstrate appropriate patterns to more junior team members
- Proficient in designing and implementing RESTful web services
- Proficient in an eCommerce platform, Content Management platform such as Adobe Experience Manager; Search and Navigation platforms such as Apache Solr; web site caching technologies or platforms such as Akamai and Apache Mod Cache.
- Experience in SAP and Hybris is a plus.