Looking for a resource with a strong background and working experience with VMWare. A strong knowledge of Networking (protocols, routing, etc…) is also an asset for this position. Main function will be to perform VMware related functions (Support, Provisioning, etc…).
You will be accountable for evaluation, design, deployment and support of networking and security solutions as well as virtualization environments.
Candidates will be chosen based on how they can fully demonstrate a fit for this position through specific examples from their previous roles and experiences and their ability to learn and adapt.
Role duties and Accountabilities include:
• Plan, design, configure networking
• Provide engineering support on end-to-end problem resolution and root cause analysis in collaboration with other functional groups, business units and vendors
• Lead new service and technology introductions and guide the implementation of such into the production environment
• Document design solutions and conduct project training and information sharing sessions
• Some activities may need be performed during maintenance windows between midnight and five in the morning or during the week end.
• As part of continuous improvement approach, contribute or lead process improvement initiatives typically associated with delivery cycle times and efficiency
• Layer 3 support for production network
• Expert level hands on experience with VMWare
• Expert level hands on experience on LAN and WAN networks
• Advanced knowledge on information security systems such a firewall, IPS, DDoS prevention
• In depth knowledge of protocols such as BGP, MPLS, ISIS, eVPN
• Strong background in Linux system administration on Redhat, Ubuntu, CentOS or equivalent
• Strong hands scripting and programming experience in python, Ansible, shell or equivalent
• Hands on experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare, KVM, Linux Containers, Docker
• Hands on experience with networking physical layer technologies
• Knowledge of Software Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization such as OpenStack, SDN/NFV, OpenDaylight or ONOS considered a strong asset
• Familiar with alarming, logging and monitoring technologies such as Zabbix, Elastic Search, Kibana and Logstash
• Familiar with software development lifecycle principles and some of the related tools
• Interest in working in an agile/devops environment
• Very autonomous and able to work in ambiguous circumstances
• Bachelor degree in computer/electrical Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Able to lead the resolution of complex problems, involving many partners both internal and external across multiple systems or processes
• Strong technical leadership, teamwork, negotiating and technical decision-making skills.
• Excellent English written and verbal skills and strong interpersonal skills.